We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Langkawi with teen

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
794 posts
61 reviews
Langkawi with teen

Thinking of travelling for a week with my 19 year old daughter in January. we love warm weather nice warm beach with clear waters and nice safe hotel near lots of restaurants. And shopping. Looking at spending Around $100 aud dollar per night ??? Is Langkawi going to be the place to be or should we look at other places in Malaysia ???

5 replies to this topic
crawley sussex
Level Contributor
127 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Langkawi with teen

Hi you will get of the things you list except clear waters, the water around Langkawi is warm but not clear. we have been coming for 9 years and still enjoy it

Warrnambool...
Level Contributor
794 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Langkawi with teen

Sounds perfect thank you. Can you do day snorkel trips to clearer waters ?? Thanks for replying.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
12,242 posts
237 reviews
3. Re: Langkawi with teen

Yes you can. East Marine Divers or Langkawi Coral are the most popular. It is a full day trip to Pulau Payar and quite expensive so do read the reviews prior to booking.

Edited: 25 July 2018, 10:14
Langkawi, Malaysia
Destination Expert
for Langkawi
Level Contributor
7,408 posts
60 reviews
4. Re: Langkawi with teen

Dear Darkiel,

the clearest water indeed is the pool.

As your daughter is 19 years you might like to have options in your vecinity for shopping and food and beverage so Cenang or Tengah would be my choice for. Apart from many other option Holiday Villa, La PariPari Maibest and similar hotels would fit your budget. Ambong Ambong is cheaper and charming but not smash on the beach.

Just to start your research, the list can be endless..

Eva

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
6,331 posts
82 reviews
5. Re: Langkawi with teen

Hi darkiel,

Lovely place Warrnambool, been there often. Not an Island holiday , but I can recommend KL as a good destination. Hotels are great value there, some great hotels with pools so plenty of swimming. Big shopping Malls as well as more local type of shopping and endless amount of dining options. I would not recommend KL usually on the Langkawi Forum with the great DEs , Steady and Eva , but you asked about other areas of Malaysia , so I know they will forgive me 😀

Cheers

Sean

Reply to: Langkawi with teen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pantai Cenang
Recent Conversations