We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connectivity between liddington and london

Udaipur, India
1 post
Save Topic
connectivity between liddington and london

which are the cheap means of transport from liddington to london and what would be the approximate fare?

4 replies to this topic
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: connectivity between liddington and london

First of all I had to google Liddington because I had no idea where that was. I am guessing the one in Wiltshere ?

Secondly I have no idea whereabouts in London you want to go, how and when you want to get there, and how many of you are planning to make the journey, and by what mode of transport.

Thirdly..........well, I will leave you to work out what was obviously missing from your question. Hint: It begins with an M and they cost nothing.

Yes I am having a bad night, maybe I shouldn't have answered at all. ;-)

Edited: 10 March 2013, 23:49
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,493 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: connectivity between liddington and london

NB: since you posted in the Wiltshere forum I apologise for my 1st point, and have asked TA to remove my post.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,553 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: connectivity between liddington and london

At a guess it would mean taking a local bus to Swindon, then train from there.

If you book several weeks in advance then the train will cost under £20 per adult, buying on the day could cost over £80

http://www.thamesdown-transport.co.uk/

…nationalrail.co.uk/service/…last

…nationalrail.co.uk/service/…last

England
Destination Expert
for Peak District National Park
Level Contributor
4,980 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: connectivity between liddington and london

Alan is correct but there is also another way.

The only bus services through Liddington are services 46 and 48 - see thamesdown-transport.co.uk/times/46-46A-48-4… .

Both services run to/from Swindon, but in the other direction, service 46 calls at Hungerford which is on a different (and often much cheaper) line to London. Trains run approximately once per hour from Hungerford to Swindon - see www.nationalrail.co.uk for times and fares .

Phil-the-Bus

Reply to: connectivity between liddington and london
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Liddington