We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best place for hiking and exploring the,,African culture

lushoto
1 post
The best place for hiking and exploring the,,African culture

Hello ,

do you know that ,Lushoto and usambara mountain is a best place for hiking,culture and nature exploration?

Yes, it is .It has unspoiled nature and highest degree of biodiversity.

The walks in the villages will give you the clear picture on how(African ,Tanzanian people ) live their real life compared to few who ran to the cities and try to deviate away from their culture.

2 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
338 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: The best place for hiking and exploring the,,African culture

I think it's a bit unfair to say those who moved to the cities did so as a way to run away from their culture. I have lived in a Tanzanian village for 4 years, and the truth is there just aren't the opportunities available that there are in the cities. People had to leave, and this is true the world over.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
8,227 posts
2. Re: The best place for hiking and exploring the,,African culture

Often people will move away from their village also to get married, chase employment, go to Secondary School, go to University join the military.

Many go to do itinerant work for the large estates and some never return.

It is not a matter of running away from your small village.

My wife is in Australia and comes from a very small village in Southern Tanzania, when she is speaking to her family she still speaks in her own tribal language.

When they all meet for Xmas or other family functions they behave exactly as they would if they were all still in the village...even if they meet in the village or in town.

Small villages can't sustain youth employment, so if they want a job they go searching for one.

People leave for a lot of reasons.

Reply to: The best place for hiking and exploring the,,African culture
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted