We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation around Lushoto - no reviews!

Vienna, Austria
Level Contributor
19 posts
237 reviews
Accomodation around Lushoto - no reviews!

I am looking for somewhere to stay near Lushoto for a couple of nights in September. The Footprint guide recommends Irente View Cliff Lodge but this doesn't have any reviews on Tripadvisor. Likewise for Grant's Lodge which doesn't seem to have a website either. I wonder if it has closed down or changed name? A third recommendation is Lushoto Executive Lodge which doesn't have any reviews either. Another option is Muller's Mountain Lodge which only has one review. Is this a sign of how off the beaten track this area is? Anyway, I would like to know if anyone has stayed at any of these lodges or has any other recommendations.

13 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
11. Re: Accomodation around Lushoto - no reviews!

There are lots of reviews of hotels in the Lushoto area but there are no links ro them. I recently wrote a review of the Tumaini hotel which is the centre of Lushoto town but Trip Adviser included it in the speciality hotel section which is impossible to find. Irente View Cliff Lodge is reviewed here and this is the link - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotels-g1152711-c3-Lushoto…

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,544 posts
138 reviews
12. Re: Accomodation around Lushoto - no reviews!

We reviewed both Irente View Cliff Lodge and The Lawns... readers will find a couple of TA review links for Lushoto at

tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g1152711-Lushoto-Hote…

which I got to by going to TA... searching for Lushoto... clicked on the hotels link... it shows the hotels and B&B/Inns - but there is something wrong regarding the "specialty lodging"... though Irente and Muller and 5 more are there, and if you search for one of them you get to the specialty lodging list - the link/tab to specialty lodging is missing from the Lushoto Hotel page...

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
40,063 posts
452 reviews
13. Re: Accomodation around Lushoto - no reviews!

I agree. TA's "system" is a law unto itself. To beat it I often post a search for a known Hotel in the town even though I have no interest in it. Then when it comes up I look at others that are linked and find the one I like.

However the better way, in my opinion, is to just buy Bradt Guide for the Country you are visiting and use the "Where to Stay" sections. Then seek a review. If TA does not have it where you can find it then that is just too bad!

(Out of interest, Bradt also welcome feedback and update Online much quicker than you know who!)

Reply to: Accomodation around Lushoto - no reviews!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted