We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seeing the island

bognor regis
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
seeing the island

Any recomendation for drivers to take us to places we want to see as we do not want to go on bus tours Thanks.

Grenada
Destination Expert
for Grenada
Level Contributor
3,547 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seeing the island

Dear Cynthia, i wouldn't recommend on principal (i know too many of them) but the good news is that you can build your own tour very easily, websites like sunsations tours show you all the options, pick those that float your boat and rent a taxi for x hours for an agreed up front fee. Make sure the driver agrees your selection is doable in the the time you allow. It takes 90 mins to go from st georges to the north where places like belmont and the river antoine rum factory, and bathway beach are - just driving.

You will find driver recommendations here, but please be careful, use them in bulk or use the reviews touts have been known to operate here.

bognor regis
Level Contributor
58 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seeing the island

Thanks for that very useful

Scarborough, Maine
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: seeing the island

Hi Cynthia,

My wife and I took a tour around the island using a very kind man named Justin. He was very informative and helpful. He really went above and beyond to help us find the national team soccer jerseys for my boys, which eventually led us to the national stadium itself. He took us to Grand Etang and the Belmont Estates. We will certainly use his services again when we return. PM me if you would like his number and e-mail.

Enjoy your time there.

Dave

Milton Keynes...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seeing the island

Hello Dave or Cynthia, I am going to Grenada in a couple of weeks, I am interested in a reliable friendly taxi driver. could I have a contact please.

Tracy

5. Re: seeing the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2017, 02:17
Get answers to your questions about Grand Anse