We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seaweed problem

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
seaweed problem

How is the seaweed problem these days at the Bougainvillea Hotel and Accra Beach?.....Has it hit Browne's Beach yet?.....pics of Miami Beach look very sad.

Bathgate, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: seaweed problem

I arrived Thursday and am staying at Sapphire Beach on Dover beach......there is no seaweed, not on the beach & not in the sea. The beach is beautiful & lots of people in sea, as you would expect.....as there's no seaweed. Not seen much else but had jog this morning along to Accra & couldn't see any seaweed there.

When driving in through Oistins on the way in from the airport and passing beaches there the water did look a bit on the brown side but I was driving so hard to tell exactly what it was.

I know this problem can apparently come & go overnight and I'm sure on our travels I'll see some badly effected areas but honestly after reading some of the posts on here I thought I was coming to some sort of post-apocalyptic wasteland. I only wish I could post some pictures to put some travellers, who I know like I was, will be really worried about the seaweed situation and put their mind at rest.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2. Re: seaweed problem

thanks for the update.

Bridgetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
967 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: seaweed problem

The beach in Oistins is still badly affected the water has not been blue in months.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
212 reviews
4. Re: seaweed problem

Good to hear Diver is clear at the moment. Gives me a ray of hope as arriving in four weeks.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
5. Re: seaweed problem

hope the currents change soon and take the seaweed back out to sea.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
212 reviews
6. Re: seaweed problem

That should read Dover not Diver 👍

Pelham Manor, New...
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: seaweed problem

How is Maxwell Beach?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
8. Re: seaweed problem

I'll be there next Monday and make a post.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
9. Re: seaweed problem

How is Carlisle Bay doing re seaweed?....has it hit Accra/Rockley Beach yet?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
357 posts
10. Re: seaweed problem

Up until theAccra/ Rockley beach webcam was removed a week ago, the beach looked beautiful, seaweed free and back to it's best!!

Regards.

Get answers to your questions about Dover
Recent Conversations