We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where should we base ourselves in Calabria for 6 days?

vancouver
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
where should we base ourselves in Calabria for 6 days?
Save

We are travelling to Italy in July. In the first part of the trip we will stay in Sicily. Then we go to Calabria for 6 days. My parents were from Cosenza, but I want to stay in a more beachy area. I will only visit Cosenza for one day so where can anyone recommend we base ourselves in? I know that Tropea will be a highlight for sure, but I'm not so sure about basing ourselves there.

Any suggestions??

Thanks!! Giselle

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
127,671 posts
1. Re: where should we base ourselves in Calabria for 6 days?
Save

Pizzo is lovely and would position you well for Tropea and Cosenza.

http://www.dolcevitapizzo.co.uk/

Vagabonda

2. Re: where should we base ourselves in Calabria for 6 days?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2012, 07:31
vancouver
Level Contributor
148 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: where should we base ourselves in Calabria for 6 days?
Save

Hello Vagabonda and others.

We too are in a situation where we do not know which would be best for us. We have found 2 beautiful places....one in Pizzo with a pool, and one in Tropea, no pool but spectacular view! I am so torn. I don't know which place to base ourselves in. We will be there for one week and plan on visiting Cosenze where my family is from.

Can someone please help????? Any suggesitons are welcome.

S

Dublin, Ireland
7 posts
4. Re: where should we base ourselves in Calabria for 6 days?
Save

I would agree that Pizzo positions you well for both Tropea and Cosenze. How are you travelling - are you driving from Sicily or flying to Lamezia? If flying to lamezia then there are a few places around there on beaches that might suit you.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
127,671 posts
5. Re: where should we base ourselves in Calabria for 6 days?
Save

If you plan to spend time in Cosenza, then Pizzo is a more convenient base for you sunsetsam, but if only spending one day in Cosenza, even Tropea would be acceptable, so possibly your accommodation would tip your decision.

Vagabonda

Edited: 8 years ago
6. Re: where should we base ourselves in Calabria for 6 days?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 05:18
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.