We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Currency exchange

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
Currency exchange

Hello, hope everyone's doing well . I along with my friend are travelling all the way to beruwlaa . Our hotel is booked already . It's going to be 4 nights 5 days trip, can anyone help me with how much pounds(GBP) should I exchange at the Colombo airport which would suffice for my trip .i thought maybe I can make all the payments like transport and restaurants and sight seeing by the cash that I exchange . I would be highly grateful l if anyone can throw a light in this matter and also how much is the approx exchange rate in Sri Lanka . My travel is in next 2 weeks . Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rich

2 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
62,538 posts
229 reviews
1. Re: Currency exchange

Hi Rich,

Anything between LKR 1000 and 5000 per day per person. Really depends on whether you do all by bus-train or sometimes tuktuk/cab, whether it's visiting any sights with their entrance fees (see top question for the fees), whether you eat in local rice & curry shops or the tourist restaurants. See here

https:/…Banks.And.Money.html

for the exchange stuff, if coming from India you could also partly bring INR and exchange in Beruwela (not airport).

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Navi Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Currency exchange

Thanks Erik, really appreciate your help . Look forward to our trip .

Reply to: Currency exchange
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Beruwala