We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dannys Kitchen Set Up

Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Dannys Kitchen Set Up

Hello fellow sun seekers! I'm booked into Dannys! It'll be my first self catering experience & my gut tells me I'll be fine to eat out cheaply but my budget tells me if I want the excursions & nights out there MUST be some meals made in the kitchen which is fine BUT

I've read so many reviews as to how helpful Dannys team is but also that the rooms can have a few basics missing... Chopping board,serated knife, fry pan,small pan, toaster even in some rooms?

Are there any self catering dab hands out there? I don't think it'd be wise to be packing a knife in my luggage!? & although our weight allowance is good... I draw the line at packing a toaster!!

Also *cringes as asking* laundry facilities at Dannys??

Apologies for the daft questions,I've haggled my OH down from all inclusive to a self catering break & feeling the pressure for it to go without a hitch :-D

Thanks all!

7 replies to this topic
London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
183 reviews
1. Re: Dannys Kitchen Set Up

There would be no problem with packing a sharp knife into your hold luggage. Food is very reasonably priced at Dannys Pool Bar, you can have a lovely breakfast for 3.5 euros so may not be worth doing too much self catering. The equipment is the kitchen is pretty basic although I think you get an electric kettle, unsure about the toaster (I stay in a few different apartments in the area and I can never remember what is available in which!)

I have heard that there are laundry facilities at Danny's although I have never used them myself. You just have to ask Yannis at the pool bar for any assistance you may need and he will do his best to oblige.

You have chosen a great place for what is I presume you first visit to the island, hope you have a great time.

Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
2. Re: Dannys Kitchen Set Up

Thank you for that! Much appreciated, yes, my first trip to Greece, I cannot wait :-)

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
183 reviews
3. Re: Dannys Kitchen Set Up

When are you going?

Cardiff
Level Contributor
429 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Dannys Kitchen Set Up

Kitchen facilities in Greek apartments are generally very basic. You are likely to get a 2 burner hob with a kettle, saucepan or two and a frying pan (not non-stick). You usually get one sharp knife or should I say a knife that was sharp many years ago.

I have never ever cooked in Greece. The closest I have got is preparing a roll or sandwich and I believe that is the same for most people. Unless you are on a ridiculously low budget then the Greek food is too good not to eat out. If you eat in the kebab places then you can get very tasty and very cheap meals. The gyros which is the equivalent of our donor kebab is tastier and cheaper than what you get in the UK.

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
183 reviews
5. Re: Dannys Kitchen Set Up

Ref Stan's post above, the food in general at Danny's pool bar is very reasonably priced. Vrisaki which is opposite to Danny's is always very good and again reasonably priced. Another quite cheap eatery is Rua Matt, it doesn't look much but it's really good. It looks like a fast food place but it is more than that. I can also recommend Greek Acropolis - all of these places are within 100 metres of Dannys.

Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
6. Re: Dannys Kitchen Set Up

Stan & iluvzante you've been so helpful! Thank you, I'm feeling much more confident about our sc adventure now I've got the inside scoop on some great places for budget friendly eateries, so thanks again! :-)

London, UK
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos
Level Contributor
2,574 posts
183 reviews
7. Re: Dannys Kitchen Set Up

You're welcome. Pretty much all of the restaurants in Alykanas and nearby (walking distance) Alykes are very good value.

Reply to: Dannys Kitchen Set Up
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Alykanas
Recent Conversations