We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Bay Appartments

Wolverhampton...
Destination Expert
for Arillas
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
14 reviews
Golden Bay Appartments

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone had stayed here this year and how they got on? Is Gournes still gearing up for the season or is everything open already?

The weather doesn't look like its been too good at all and the long term forecast isn't the best either! We fly out on Sunday

Cheers

Truth

42 replies to this topic
Bristol
Level Contributor
145 posts
34 reviews
1. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

I don't have any information for you, but would be very interested in replies to this as we are headed there for the first time in a couple of weeks. If you can post any updates/reports/recommendations from your stay that would be great!

Wolverhampton...
Destination Expert
for Arillas
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

No problem at all. I think it's going to be quiet, mine is the first post on theGournes Pediados message board ever !!! he he

Bristol
Level Contributor
145 posts
34 reviews
3. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

I gather there's a LIDL you can get to on the bus if you fancy some excitement - actually I may try walking to make it a day out ;-)

We generally prefer more laid back resorts as we aren't into night clubs or karaoke and chips. Whether Gournes turns out to be that bit too quiet remains to be seen. My only previous experience of Crete was Malia about 20 years ago!

Wolverhampton...
Destination Expert
for Arillas
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

I have been to Chania and Malia myself previously. Malia Old Town where we stayed was fine. We like it quiet but booked Stalis this year as there is a bit more going on than Lesvow where we usually go in May,,, then they moved our holiday to the quietest place on the planet! LOL. Never mind I am sure it will be lovely !

Wolverhampton...
3 posts
5. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

I've been looking out for reviews myself as we've transfered our Tunisia holiday to Golden Bay Apartments and really hope we've done to correct thing. Never been to Crete and have already got a car booked for when we're there in Aug/Sep this year to see the island. Will keep popping on to see how it is this season as previous reviews have been good. To everyone who's going soon have a fab time and keep us all posted :)

Bristol
Level Contributor
145 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

Hi "EllyWolves".

If you don't mind me asking, how much are you paying for car hire? I did look at some Internet quotes for hiring a car for a few days or a week but it seems a bit on the pricey side. Maybe we'll just have to chance the buses! Perhaps it will prove fortunate that I enjoy a good walk...

Edited: 12 May 2011, 14:55
Wolverhampton...
Destination Expert
for Arillas
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

Hi EllyWolves,

Are we related in anyway? LOL . I have messaged a few people on here about the place and they ALL came back with nothing but good things to say about the pace so I am sure we will be fine. I just hope Wolves are still in the Premier when we land back in England a week on Sunday!

Wolverhampton...
3 posts
8. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

Hey Bristol_Trip

We're paying 20 euros a day for a medium car from a company called Hello Crete in Gournes - I checked their rates and compared prices and it seemed the best one, believe me I checked loads.

The buses are meant to be pretty good though and if you don't mind walking you should be okay. There are some good beaches nearby, apparently, and a couple of supermarkets within walking distance.

Wolverhampton...
3 posts
9. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

Hey TruthWolverhampton.

Judging by your last message you should be back now and "YESSSSSS Mick's lads did it."

Hope your holiday was good, and that you enjoyed it.

Are the bathrooms really small? Is Gournes dirty? I think they're my only concerns now after reading reviews.

Oh, yes, and which is the best block to be in would you say - I might put in a request if some are better than others lol.....

Wolverhampton...
Destination Expert
for Arillas
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
14 reviews
10. Re: Golden Bay Appartments

YES , we did it ! When I landed back Sunday we were in the relegation zone so I had a VERY nervous hour in the taxi!

Its NOT dirty at all, its typically Greek "untidy" but not dirty.

As for the Hotel its probably the best we've had in Greece. I have written a review on it if you want to take a look at that. The bathrooms are not small at all by Greek Standards but I did hear the studios were quite small, we had an appartment.

Best blocks are at the front . I THINK the studios are at the back and the appartments at the front but I couldn't swear to that. We were right pposite the bar on the ground floor and only heard any noise from there one night after they had a Greek night in the restaurant. NO problem with that , they are on their hols and are entitled to let their hair down!

Any other questions?

Truth

Reply to: Golden Bay Appartments
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gournes
Recent Conversations