We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation

Boquete, Panama
1 post
Transportation

What are the transportation options between the Miraflores locks visitor center and the Gamboa Rainforest resort? And how much would each usually cost?

2 replies to this topic
Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Transportation

The most common way would be taxi or Uber. Although, Uber can be pretty hit or miss and sometimes they don't bother to show. Taxi will probably charge $20 to $30, as the resort is about 20 km from the visitors' center. Taxis usually don't like to go there because they may have to wait a long time to get a fare back to town, or they'll have to deadhead back without a fare.

Another option is the bus. You would have to walk out to the road, or take a bus from the visitor's center to Albrook and another bus from the main terminal out to Gamboa. I'm not sure about the costs, but they would be cheaper than a taxi.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
2,017 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Transportation

Bus from the locks to Albrook: 0.25 USD.

Bus from Albrook to Gamboa: unsure, and also don't know about how frequent they are. I do know that those buses depart from Exit 11 (Platforms 56-62) in Albrook Bus Terminal, and you'll need a RapidPass card to pay for the 0.10 USD a the turnstiles to get to the platforms. Those cards can be bought at the terminal in several kiosks.

It's quite a hassle to go there by bus, but doable.

In theory, you could walk out of the locks to the main road and wait for a Gamboa bus to come around the bus stop there, but I don't have enough info to know if you can expect buses to show up around frequently. I don't think there's a lot of demand for that route.

Reply to: Transportation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gamboa
Recent Conversations