We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking a private boat at Gamboa

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
21 posts
2 reviews
Booking a private boat at Gamboa

My husband and I have been to Gamboa several times but this time we will be with the rest of the family--3 adults, 2 teenagers, and a school age child. I am in charge of all the planning--and paying, of course. We plan to visit Gamboa on Tuesday of Holy Week. The last time our taxi stopped at the bridge before the resort and negotiated with a boat for a tour around Gatun Lake to Monkey Island. It was cheaper than what the resort charges. This time we will be in our rental van and wandered if those boats are there all the time. Does anyone know if we can arrange this tour with a private owner beforehand?

I might look for a cheaper price on the boat but we always enjoyed the buffet lunch at the resort down along the Chagras River. It may be a little pricey but seems a good option with so many personal preferences. My thanks in advance.

Chiriqui Province...
Level Contributor
350 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Booking a private boat at Gamboa

Hello,

Yes, they are there all times. Suggest you to arrive at 7am and negotiate.

Have fun!

2. Re: Booking a private boat at Gamboa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2018, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Gamboa
Recent Conversations