We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monkey island tour

East Coast
Level Contributor
134 posts
7 reviews
Monkey island tour

We will be at the Gamboa Rainforest resort for only 2 nights and was wondering how often this tour runs and how quickly it fills up.

Panama
Level Contributor
19 posts
1. Re: Monkey island tour

Im Posting this as the owner of Panama Roadrunner

Monkey island is a popular activity at Gamboa, weekends are by far the busiest, so during the week is usually a better option and normally 2 days in advance to book is recommended, they operate a premium time of 7.45am, then 10:15; 11:45; 1:15; 2;45; 4:00 Every day. often best to avoid the midday tour in my experience, the 4pm one is a popular.

Have Fun !!

Panama Roadrunner

Manalapan, NJ
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
2. Re: Monkey island tour

The premium time of 7.45am, does that mean it is the busiest or does it cost extra?

Thanks

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
3. Re: Monkey island tour

I definitely recommend taking an earlier AM tour, less chance of rain which often comes in the afternoon (if it is not one of those downpour all day rains). Gamboa is the rain forest after all.

Panama
Level Contributor
19 posts
4. Re: Monkey island tour

Í am posting as the owner of Panama Roadrunner

The early morning tour is I believe charged at a higher rate, the normal cost is $35 +7% Tax per person, its advisable to avoid the midday tours due to the heat, early morning or late afternoon are usually better for seeing the wildlife.

Panama Roadrunner

5. Re: Monkey island tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2014, 17:15
Get answers to your questions about Gamboa
Recent Conversations