We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Pensione Tranchina

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Alternative to Pensione Tranchina

Hi, we're off to Sicily in July with our two teenage daughters. We'll be traveling around and have booked most accommodations for the trip - a mix between airbnb flats and house, hotel and bed and breakfast - what we really would like to add is two nights in an authentic pensione with great food as we really enjoyed staying at a place like that in Piemonte a few years ago.

I've tried to get in touch with Pensione Tranchina by email since february, have even been writing in Italian when I didn't receive any answers on my messages in English, but no luck. Now I've given up and hope you can help me find an alternative.

The place has to be situated somewhere nice between Palermo and Selinunte which will be our next stop.

Any suggestions ?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,248 posts
1. Re: Alternative to Pensione Tranchina

Welcome to Sicily Oxhult!

Pensione Tranchina has had difficulty with their email, so perhaps ring.

tripadvisor.com/…56645175

But perhaps Albergo La Tavernetta in Scopello - http://www.albergolatavernetta.it/home.html

Vagabonda

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Alternative to Pensione Tranchina

Thank you so much. In the end we didn't need the alternative, finally got through to Pensione Tranchina on the phone and now the rooms are booked. Am so happy and can't wait to go to Sicily.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,248 posts
3. Re: Alternative to Pensione Tranchina

That's wonderful Oxhult, because Pensione Tranchina is delightful - The nicest people!

Phone is really the best way to contact Pensione Tranchina.

Buon viaggio!

Vagabonda

4. Re: Alternative to Pensione Tranchina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Scopello