We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We made it to Scopello!

California
Level Contributor
12,524 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
We made it to Scopello!

Hi vagabonda - the drive down from Erice went smoothly and very quickly! It looked farther on the map. I think we are getting our "roles" and "driving language" down better....:). I gave Marisin your regards and told her that she and Pensione Tranchina come well recommended. She seemed pleased.

An interesting development- the peron who now owns the old Tonnara has turned it into a destination place for weddings, etc. and has also stopped people from going to the water and/or from taking pictures of the historic building. Marisin said the community has hired a lawyer to look into what their rights are...it's disappointing as for 8 months I have looked at images of that area and said "I'm going to go t.h.e.r.e"....but perhaps we'll take a drive and see what happens. Anyway..two days of rest and relaxation!

3 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: We made it to Scopello!

Hi Chester9cat,

The A29 is an easy drive from erice in the direction of Castellammare del Golfo, and the road from Castellammare del Golfo to Scopello is easy as well.

The drive from this area via the A29 to the airport is easy as well.

Thank you for sending along my message to Marisin. Marisin is a sweetheart, and Pensione Tranchina embodies the best of this type of establishment.

The Tonnara di Scopello is historical and beautiful, but so is the entire coast, so enjoy Zingaro, and hopefully you will relax prior to arriving in Palermo.

Vagabonda

Kent UK
Level Contributor
641 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: We made it to Scopello!

Sorry - I put up my post before I saw your message

Please tell us how you got on at Scopello.

C

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
113,554 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: We made it to Scopello!

Hi s55jce,

What would you like to know about Scopello?

Scopello is a frazione of Castellammare del Golfo, a part of the municipality of Castellammare del Golfo. Scopello is a 20-minute drive from Castellammare del Golfo.

Scopello is the southern terminus and gateway to the reserve at Lo Zingaro, and Scopello has become a popular tourist destination, but Scopello is a mere village with limited accommodations and restaurants. The seas around Scopello are beautiful, and the beaches are pebble.

Scopello is a seasonal destination, so the village is lively during peak season, but very quiet during the low season.

Vagbaonda

Reply to: We made it to Scopello!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Scopello