We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Hi there Vagabonda,

I would so appreciate if you could help me, I have been reading and reading so many threads, posts and web sites, many are now closed, but nothing helps me with local buses from Trapani to Scopello.

I am arriving in the morning by ferry from Marattimo to Trapani Port.

I would like to make my way from the port to Scopello by local transport

I am thinking is there a bus from the port or the centre of Trapani to perhaps Castellammare del Golfo, then perhaps a taxi to Scopello??

Is there a better way perhaps??? Many thanks Journey 61

Baglio Di Scopello
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Tonnara di Scopello
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Cala Mazzo di Sciacca
Other Outdoor Activities
9 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,229 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Hi there Journey61, and welcome to Sicily!

There is no direct bus service from Trapani to Scopello.

Scopello's public transport connects via Castellammare del Golfo.

Even the transport between Trapani and Castellammare del Golfo is less than optimal.

AST runs bus service from Trapani Porto (14:25), but only once a day in the afternoon.

AST has three daily runs from Trapani to Castellammare del Golfo at 13:30, 14:15, and 18:00.

http://www.aziendasicilianatrasporti.it/

ATM Trapani runs local bus service between Trapani's port and Trapani's train station.

http://www.atmtrapani.it/

You might then take the train from Trapani to Castellammare del Golfo.

http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

But note that the train journey is relatively long for the short distance, because trains are diverted to Castelvetrano because this line was damaged in a storm. There's only one morning run at 8:00, and then three later runs in the afternoon and evening.

Also note that Castellammare del Golfo's train station (Stazione Ferroviaria) is located outside town, requiring the Russo Autoservizi bus service from the train station (Stazione Ferroviaria) to town (Castellammare Capolinea). Then you would take Russo from Castellammare del Golfo (Castellammare Capolinea) to Scopello.

All schedules are available on Autoservizi Russo website, Orari e Tariffe.

http://www.russoautoservizi.it/

Tarantola runs seasonal bus service from Castellammare del Golfo's train station to Scopello, but this service ends on 15 September.

tarantolabus.com/it/servizi-turistici-calata…

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,229 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Here's another possibility to consider.

You might take Tarantola Bus from Trapani to Calatafimi.

tarantolabus.com/it/autolinea-calatafimi-seg…

Then take Tarantola from Calatafimi to Castellammare del Golfo.

tarantolabus.com/it/autolinea.-castellammare…

Vagabonda

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Hi Vagabonda,

Thank you so much for all the information, I appreciate all the links and advice. Sicily is a place that I have dreamed of for a long time, next week I will be there. The buses/trains will be an adventure, I have plenty of time to get lost and enjoy the experience along the way. Thank you for your posts they are great!

warm wishes Journey 61

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,229 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Hi Journey61,

May you enjoy, and may your holiday match your expectations.

Buses are typically more reliable than trains, but it really depends on the route.

Perhaps just plan to travel onward in the afternoon when the transport options are best for this route.

Best wishes for a wonderful holiday.

Next week.... :-)

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Hello!

Anyone has the current Russ bus timetable? I found this one online, which seems to be from 2015: cinisionline.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/t…

At the end of May, we will go by train from Trapani to Castellamare del Golfo and then need to get the Russo bus to Scopello. Their website doesn't show any connection. I have sent an email but didn't receive a reply.

I saw that AST stops at Scopello Bivio, can anyone give me the GPS location of that stop so I can look it up on Maps?

Thank you :)

Edited: 09 February 2017, 07:27
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,229 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Russo has a new website.

http://www.russoautoservizi.it/

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,229 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60892…

Vagabonda

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,229 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Also note that the Castellamare del Golfo train station is located outside town, so also check schedules on the Russo website for buses to town. Enter Stazione Ferroviaria and Castellammare Capolinea.

Vagabonda

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily

Hello StruckByWonderlust, what a fabulous name.... I went to Scopello Sept last year 2016 from the Port of Trapani.

I arrived in Trapani Port from the Island of Marettimo in the morning during the week. There is a bus that goes outside the Ferry port on the ocean side at 1.30pm to Castellamare del Golfo. There is a little bus shelter where all the buses pull in you can't miss it. The bus I caught seemed to be the school bus, (arrived at 2.30pm not 1.30pm.... it meandered through little villages dropping all the children off at their front gates, lovely driver and so polite kids. And I might add one fantastic drive along the cliffs towards Castellamare.

Arrived in Castellamare del Golfo bus station which is really just a very small bus parking bay. The bus driver said the Scopello bus was just across the road, all I could see was a small 10 seater black van, no signs on it.. Asked the driver if he was going to Scopello, he immediately pulled a cardboard sign out from under seat which said Scopello. woo hoo..

Another fabulous bus ride to Scopello, the bus terminated at the entry to Scopello, no cars are allowed in the old village. All the bus fares were cheap.

The journey took all the afternoon I think I arrived in Scopello around 5pm.

Leaving was more difficult as there was no bus in the morning from Scopello, so I caught a taxi to Castellamare del Golfo. Yes cost a bit but was worth my stay it was unforgettable.

p.s. The buses that pull into the bus shelter at Trapani Port are all different colours & companies., clearly marked with signs at the bottom of the bus windows. The Scopello bus was not easily marked, so you really have to read the front of the buses as they come in as they pull in and out very quickly.

Scopello is an absolute jewel, it is stunningly beautiful, have a wonderful time enjoy!! Journey 61

Reply to: Trapani Port to Scopello Sicily
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Scopello