We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Undergarment for EBC

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
192 posts
Undergarment for EBC

Which undergarment is breathable and good for hiking in November?

How good is ExOfficio or SmartWool?

BTW, is water free in teahouse? Thanks.

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,593 posts
56 reviews
1. Re: Undergarment for EBC

Hi

Smartwool's products are made of merino wool which has great warmth to weight ratio, is naturally breathable and has good, natural anti-stink properties. There are a number of different styles and weights designed for cold weather outdoor activities.

All I can see on the ExOfficio website is a couple of t-shirts. No contest.

scoodly

France
Level Contributor
3,450 posts
79 reviews
2. Re: Undergarment for EBC

The previous post has covered your questions except one. Actually, cold non-filtered water is free is guesthouses however hot water or any filtered water is generally not free.

All the best!

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
192 posts
3. Re: Undergarment for EBC

I was told that ExOfficio drys fast and I only need two sets to cover the whole trip.

Seoul, South Korea
Level Contributor
192 posts
4. Re: Undergarment for EBC

Thanks.

Re: Undergarment for EBC

Sep 12, 2012, 7:21 AM

The previous post has covered your questions except one. Actually, cold non-filtered water is free is guesthouses however hot water or any filtered water is generally not free.

All the best!

Sheffield, United...
Destination Expert
for Nepal
Level Contributor
14,593 posts
56 reviews
5. Re: Undergarment for EBC

Hi

I'm sure Ex-Officio dodry quickly (and two sets are probably all that's needed. However, towards the top of the trek in November it will get cold both at night in the unheated lodge bedrooms and while trekking - so warm garments are needed. This is is oprecisely the conditions smartwool stuff is designed for: long sleeved tops and long johns.

Ex-officio seemtobe designed forwarmer conditions.

scoodly

Umeå
Destination Expert
for Leh
Level Contributor
6,233 posts
2 reviews
6. Re: Undergarment for EBC

My favorite base layer in Himalayan winter conditions : silk. Surreal warmth to weight ratio , no stink factor , zero itching , dries very quick. Popular among reindeer herders here in the north of Sweden as well. Buy it from a Swedish firm , so links would be pointless.

7. Re: Undergarment for EBC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2013, 05:17