We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jimbaran Hills Resort

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
905 posts
12 reviews
Jimbaran Hills Resort

Can anyone give me any information on Jimbaran Hills Resort - we bought timeshare at this resort in 2006 and used it in 2008 but have not been able to since as there was some sort of dispute regarding ownership and a court case that was being appealed. Since have not been able to find out much except that it has been sold and that the new owners would honour the Timeshare agreements but have not heard anything for a few years now.

Would appreciate any information as it was a really nice place to stay, albeit a fair way from anywhere.

Thanks, Karen

11 replies to this topic
1. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2015, 23:35

Bridgwater, United...
3 posts
2. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

Hello my name is Karen in the UK and also have a timeshare at this resort - have you heard anything recently? All I know is that there is a new owner but this resort is not a member of RCI

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
905 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

No not heard anything for a few years. Do know there was a new owner and it was reported that they were going to honour the Timeshare rights of people but have since heard that there is security posted and you can't even go to check anything out and it is not operating. Possibly going to Bali next May so will try and see what is happening then.

Bridgwater, United...
3 posts
4. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

Thanks for that. I would be interested if you find anything out. I will post on this site if I find anything. We met some lovely people from Australia when we bought in 2000 but unfortunately I broke my leg parasailing and never got their address.

Sanur, Indonesia
3 posts
5. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

Karen,

I know the present owner and hope to become the future one. I too had bought a timeshare there and never got an answer ever again. The place is empty, meaning there is no furnuture and ameneties in it (present owner sold everything out) but that means that the new buyer actually benefits as he could put in the latest of the latest. The Resort is kept immaculately clean, grass is cut and trees are trimmed, paths are being kept clean as all the rooms and facilities, on a regular basis.

Although the present owner is asking a lot of money for it (about $ 14,5 M.) I am still considering it. If I am able to acquire it, I will make a few changes as I am not too keen on the changes made after 2002.

This one is defenitely on my list and very much so on the top of it.

Lord Bart-Jan Mathot of LochLeven and Glencoe

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
905 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

Any news on Jimbaran Hills? If resort is taken over by you (or anyone) will our timeshare programs be honoured?

Sanur, Indonesia
3 posts
7. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

To all,

I have given up on JHR as the present owner is asking way too much money for this resort. Granted it is maintained on a more or less daily basis. but it doesn't justify a price of $ 14,000,000 + (!).

He was clever enough to, when he bought it, sell all the furniture and appliances, so the facility is totally empty of those, giving a potential buyer the opportunity to install the latest and most modern equipment, but that only makes the resort even more expensive.

The owner was NOT interested in a Joint Venture, which by all means closed that door for me !

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
905 posts
12 reviews
8. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

Anyone have any further info on Jimbaran Hills?

Rockhampton...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
9. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

I have made many enquiries over the years and received no feedback to date. It has been many years now since last hearing from JHR and at that time it all appeared to be tied up with disagreement between different parties with a to be advised. I stayed at the resort on a couple of occasions and enjoyed the spot and location but this all came to an end when it was removed from RCI, so with the two weeks I had and the outlay, it is very expensive and then nothing is heard as to what investors are entitled to

Bridgwater, United...
3 posts
10. Re: Jimbaran Hills Resort

I assume no one who has a time share at Jimbaran has considered taking any legal advice on the situation. I know the laws are very different than in the UK?

Reply to: Jimbaran Hills Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ungasan