We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not a question. Its suggestions

1 post
1 review
Not a question. Its suggestions

Im living in pleiku city. I have read and watched all things you have posted but you know there are a lot of beautiful water falls in pleiku city. Its about 10km,15km, or 30 km.....away from pleiku city.i hope that you will add more these informations so that tourist can find out and enjoy when they stay in pleiku city. Thank you very much

8 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Not a question. Its suggestions

I'd love to visit Pleiku in November to watch the marigold blossom.

https://youtu.be/hzIUQFoVC64

The road to the To Nung lake is also gorgeous with pine forrests and tea plantations abound.

Excellent for photography.

Cheers,

John

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
2. Re: Not a question. Its suggestions

I'll be in Pleiku some time in October.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Not a question. Its suggestions

Jim,

There are nearly half a million Jrai ethnics in VN; about 90% of them live in Gia Lai province (nearly 30% of the province population.)

I would say their "toomb houses" are most intriguing for both the camera and the experience.

…phanthi.vn/index.php/…

They have a festive occasion as depicted in that article as "pơ-thi" in the third photo (the final goodbye to the departed.)

You will miss it; however, as it occurs in the Spring.

What you won't miss is the consumption of raw meat on that occasion. ;)

Cheers,

John

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
4. Re: Not a question. Its suggestions

Sadly, I am kind of bound to go in the fall. Because one or two friends will also be going. The weather won't be the best either, I know. Oh well. I'll keep my new camera dry.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,944 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Not a question. Its suggestions

I really liked Pleiku, but - I must confess - not as much as Kom Tum. However I did meet some nice local people in Pleiku and would certainly recommend both the town itself and the countryside between there and Buon Ma Thuot.

Willyhuyn, thank you so much for drawing attention to Pleiku. Unfortunately most tourists rarely venture away from the usual tourist route on the coastal fringes, simply because they don't have enough time.

Kingscliff...
Level Contributor
118 posts
77 reviews
6. Re: Not a question. Its suggestions

Hi everyone,

Sorry to drop in on an older post but my wife and our 2 kids will be entering Vietnam through Le Thanh and onto Pleiku early in July and even though Pleiku sounds nice, we really need to head towards Nha Trang to meet up with a group of people for Surf Life Saving. We are from Australia.

We will be going north to Dalat / Hoi An by plane after only 2 days in Nha Trang for more of the same so even though that looks an easier option, we need to head south first.

My question is how long and what is best route to take from Pleiku to Nha Trang, remembering we have children in tow.

Don't mind stopping over for a night or two along the way at nice places as will probably have done our fair share of "interesting" travel in Cambodia by then.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance

Brent

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Not a question. Its suggestions

Brent, I went through Pleiku five years ago. Came up from Nha Trang on the bus ($11.00 US) and it was a full eight hour drive, made shorter by the bypass that avoids Ban Me thuot. Visited a Japanese style zen tempe on enormous grounds. Still under construction, but no charge, and never met anyone associated with it. Visited the Provincial Museum. Very nice people opened it for me, the only visitor. Really ho hum and of no real interest. Same old HCM stuff. (Lam Dong Provincial Museum in Dalat is much better, with realistic tribal displays, two houses on the compound, and some interesting items from a 7 century AD Hindu temple unearthed near the old Special Forces camp at Bao Loc (now a mine). So, head south towards Ban Me Thuot (Yes, I use the former spelling), hopefully the turn off for Route 26 to Nha Trang will be marked. That gets you to Ninh Binh where you pick up Route 1 to Nha Trang.

From Nha Trang to Dalat is muck simpler these days. A three hour bus ride. You go west from Nha Trang city, through Dien Khanh (there's a bypass around what's left of the citadel), and you continue west, climbing the mountains, by which time you should start seeing signs pointing to Dalat. We're off to Dalat an d Nha Trang in a few days. Presently in the Delta.

Aussie military history trivia: If you enter VN from Laos and drive down through Kontum to Pleiku, you will be on the same ground (Ben Het - Dak to) where WO2 Rayenne Simpson and WO2 Keith Payne performed actions that earned them both Victoria Crosses in 1969. They were based out of Pleiku, and prior to that WO Simpson had worked in Ban Me Thuot. At the time, they were commanding Montagnard troops.

Kingscliff...
Level Contributor
118 posts
77 reviews
8. Re: Not a question. Its suggestions

Thanks for your reply with info, we are still finalising our route but really appreciate the info, looks like July 1st we will be crossing the border and more than likely heading through Kontum onwards to Hoi An as Nha Trang will be getting dropped this year

Reply to: Not a question. Its suggestions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pleiku
Recent Conversations