We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

secrets vs valentine imperial maya

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
286 posts
3 reviews
secrets vs valentine imperial maya

I was looking at secrets playa mujeres or valentine imperial maya. Has anyone been to both?

I have been to secrets maroma a few times but that was a little pricey and wanted to try something else. I have been to silversands and understand vim is comparable to that so was wondering how secrets playa mujeres compared.

Thanks

12 replies to this topic
cape cod
8 posts
1 review
1. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

My wife and I have been to both .....We really enjoy the VIM. Secrets PM was very nice ..but a few things we did not like, First most of the restaurants are a cart ride away from your room and the rest of the resort. At the VIM you take a quiet stool to dinner in the evening..... not a hectic golf cart ride. The VIM also has much bigger foot print so you get peace if you want or active both at the pool or beach. Better entertainment at VIM. The food we found to be about equal , the beach are both good. Service is a little better at Secrets but not by much. The one thing the VIM has is personality, flavor, a bit of everything over all a much better feel. Hope this helps

Whitewater, Colorado
Level Contributor
82 posts
171 reviews
2. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

We've never stayed at Secrets Playa Mujeres, but we have stayed at Secrets Silver Sands once and at VIM 3 times. We MUCH prefer VIM over SSS. The VIM staff was much friendlier, the food was better, and there was NO high-pressure sales pitch to buy some sort of time share. Plus, VIM has a more laid-back atmosphere than SSS, which was just a noisy, drunken party during our stay there. All this said, we would happily go back to VIM again, but would never go back to SSS and unlikely to go to any other Secrets resort. Once burned, twice shy.

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
286 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

Thank you so much! I think I am going with VIM!

cape cod
8 posts
1 review
4. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

I would suggest that you look into upgrading to a Golden room ....much nicer setting

London, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

I would second top53CapeCod. The Golden area was my favourite area with some nice upgrade perks. It was not that much more expensive than the regular category room.

cleveland, ohio
Level Contributor
286 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

Thank you!

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
25,645 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

"with some nice upgrade perks."

It's been a few years since I stayed at the VIM (big fan, been there five times!) but unless things have changed, booking a Golden suite (swim out or otherwise) gets you a Golden suite. I'm unaware of any other perks that you get unless you book/buy the Privilege package as well - which is available to ALL guests, regardless of room category.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

VIM so far has been the only place we've returned to for a 2nd trip (planning to come back) First time we had Golden, 2nd time we booked Emerald.

Emerald is our favorite, what it lacks in "oceanfront view" it makes up for in peace and tranquility.

We are early morning beach people, usually out there by 7am. The Emerald rooms are nearest to the beach and the outdoor restaurant, very convenient for us.

Steven

London, Canada
Level Contributor
94 posts
33 reviews
9. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

HolaGota - I must be mistaken. I recall now that we had champagne waiting for us a couple of days or our trip when our friends in a different room category did not, but maybe this was because we tip well?

I really like the quiet pool and the location of the Golden rooms.

Croydon
Level Contributor
266 posts
62 reviews
10. Re: secrets vs valentine imperial maya

Golden swim ups at the Valentin are fantastic. The pool is wonderful & drink service direct to your lounger is frequent. It's a stunning resort

Reply to: secrets vs valentine imperial maya
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted