We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EPM vs Finest

3 posts
EPM vs Finest

Hi everyone

We are so excited. It's been 5 years since we traveled to the EPM for our honeymoon and now We are booked at the end of December at EPM for 9 days then Finest for 7. We really love the rooms with rooftop terrace and since I waited too long, the EPM only had that available for the 9 days. So, we booked the remainder at Finest with a rooftop terrace. We loved our stay at EPM and I am just wondering if there are any significant differences between the two. I am also wondering if the EPM ends up with an open rooftop terrace room, how open management would be to letting us stay there instead. Both rooms are already paid for but since it is the same company, maybe?

I'm sure it will be fine as it seems that most excellence resorts are fabulous.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Carla

4 replies to this topic
Dorset
Level Contributor
3,070 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: EPM vs Finest

The biggest difference between the two hotels is that Finest is family friendly and there will be children there. If you prefer to be 'adults only' then you need a room at Finest that is in the 'Excellence Club' area. This will give you access to an adults only area and pool, bar and restaurant. The two hotels are different in decor - Finest is much more modern in concept with clean, straight lines. Both are wonderful hotels.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: EPM vs Finest

Unless your travel agent is able to amend your reservation and rebook the 7 days at FPM at EPM without a price change, you will pay the current rate to for the trim at EPM and lose whatever rate you paid at the time of booking. I highly doubt that is the case.

I have been to EPM 5 times and FPM 8 times. I always stay in the adult section of Finest and use the adultmonly arras during the day. In the evening, you can’t avoid being around children to varying degrees but everything else about the resort more than makes up for a few hours of them at night. If you travel during the school year, there aren’t many anyway.

You will find FPM to be a little quieter than EPM overall and everything eles to be on par with EPM.

3 posts
3. Re: EPM vs Finest

Thank you! We did reserve an excellence rooftop terrace at the Finest so I think that will work out well for us.

3 posts
4. Re: EPM vs Finest

Excellent, thanks!

Reply to: EPM vs Finest
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted