We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

topless sunbathing???

scotland
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
topless sunbathing???

is this forbidden at the hotel??

i know some hotels have up signs and you can only do it on the beach.......just asking as i hate lines :(

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: topless sunbathing???

I agree with you about the tanlines, Fee-fee. I asked this same question on another thread but no one answered me. I take that as a "No". Think I'll take this resort off my list. Doesn't sound like my cup of tea. Enjoy yourself, though, and I hope you get lucky enough to get an answer to your question.

Wirral
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: topless sunbathing???

Hi Fee-Fee

We have stayed at EPM on 2 previous occasions and we'll be returning for our 3rd visit in July.

I do not recall signs anywhere in respect of topless sunbathing.

I did notice some topless sunbathers on both the beach and at the pool although not as many as I have previously witnessed when holidaying in the Med.

I think the difference is that a lot of Americans guests don't usually go topless and as they are the majority at EPM it doesn't seem the "norm".

Whilst EPM offers wonderful service and has a classy feel, it really doesn't present as a stuffy snobby resort - hence we are returning for our 3rd visit.

Go and Enjoy and be "line free".

Carm.

scotland
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: topless sunbathing???

thanx :)

i know us brits are in the minority so just like to check first.

i only lie down with my top off anyways as soon as i get up to get a drink or a walk it goes back on!

I knew iberostars had signs to say it was forbidden and when i done it for all of 5 minutes in riu palace las americas a guys head almost spun right round so i didnt do it again!

Wirral
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: topless sunbathing???

Fee Fee - You're welcome.

We have also stayed at Iberostar and Riu Palace - both of which weren't adults only so this is probably the reason why. Whilst we had lovely experiences at both of the above, EPM knocks spots off them.

Just think of all your beautiful tops and dresses that you can wear for dinner with not a tan line in sight!!!

Carm.

scotland
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: topless sunbathing???

ooooh i hope EPM does knock the socks off of them....we're going here for our honeymoon :)

its more just to know what i can and can't buy for wearing there!! no point buying a strapless dress if it will have big white lines to go with it!

can't wait to go now!!

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
2,499 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: topless sunbathing???

Don't worry about it FeeFee, it's 100% normal !!! Some men have bigger boobs than a lot of women but we don't ask them to stick a bra on do we??!! LMAO

How anyone can have a hangup on topless bathing is beyond me!! Both men and women have chests/breasts so why do we 'discriminate' against women??

Come on Ladies....'Get 'em off' LMAO

(sorry....couldn't resist this thread!!!)

Jerry... (who WILL be topless at EPM in a few weeks!!)

London, UK
Level Contributor
167 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: topless sunbathing???

Hi fee fee

I always go topless, discreetly but I agree you can get some funny looks. Mainly from other women but I don't see the harm if your minding your own business, and aren't strutting around looking for attention lol

I don't know if i will this year, there's been a couple of comments like swinger vibe i think because of this and it really depends if you're gonna feel in the minority and i don't see what the problem is personally if you find a secluded spot on the beach but i remember feeling a bit uncomfortable last time i was in Mexico, so i'll play it by ear

You could always take a strapless bikini or just move the strap over your head while your lying down if there's no one else doing it? But saying that its no one else's business so do what you want it's your holiday!

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,405 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: topless sunbathing???

there is no swinger vibe at EPM, and even though topless sunbathing is illegal in Mexico, we saw lots of women topless at the pool and beach whilse there... a few gals were obvious;y looking for attention, but most ent topless only while lying down, not walking around or sitting at the bars.

scotland
Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: topless sunbathing???

i didnt know topless sunbathing was illegal in mexico,lol maybe that why the guys head almost spun right round!!

i will be doing it as discreetly as possible!! promise :)

and i can assure you that there will be plenty more men with bigger chests than me!! lol

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,490 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: topless sunbathing???

We have been twice now and will be returning again in a few weeks and on both previous occasions we saw several ladies sunbathing topless both on the beach and around some of the pools

Get answers to your questions about Playa Mujeres