We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

memphis
8 posts
Save Topic
Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

How common is topless sunbathing at the beach and at the pool at this specifi resort (Excellence Playa Mujuere)?

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
74 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

I was there March break and topless was not very common at all. The beach is very large and there is beach beyond the hotel that was deserted.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
5,230 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

We have seen gals on the beach topless. Never at the pool. Just not cool.

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,657 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

You see some, not a lot. Just a reminder, all beaches in Mexico are public ans topless sunbathing on Mexican beaches is illegal. However, EPM is very secluded, so it is not really an issue

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,317 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

"topless sunbathing on Mexican beaches is illegal."

This old chestnut (no pun intended) keeps coming up but no-one has ever been able to cite a statute or regulation which specifically prohibits topless sunbathing. There is some sort of public indecency law on the books and likely that's the one you'd be prosecuted under if you chose to walk through a busy market naked but to my knowledge, nowhere does it actually state that "thou shall not sunbathe topless". And even if there is such a statute, it sure as heck isn't enforced on the beaches of Mexico.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

i always go topless at epm by the beach. i have on occasion by the pool but not the main pool..

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,167 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

We have seen topless sunbathing on the beach at EPM and all our trips there and from the number of questions you see about privacy on the RTT's a lot of people want to take more than their top off

I have also seen it around some of the smaller pools areas and the swim ups

No big deal really

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
2,045 posts
443 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

My wife always goes topless on holiday but didn't at EPM as she never saw anyone else doing it. If you don't care though then you are definitely allowed.

Midland, Canada
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

youcan:

Hmmmm...60% of your posts so far have been about topless sunbathing.

I go topless all the time while on vacation.

New England
Level Contributor
345 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

In the 2 years we have been there we have only seen a few people on the beach go topless. Never in the pools though.

I agree that the atmosphere is so laid back, noboby seems to mind if people do or don't.

Denver, co
Level Contributor
648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Topless at Excellence Playa Mujuere Resort

I think I'd only feel comfortable doing it on the EPM beach provided that I'm not the only one. If no one else is doing it, that would not necessarily stop me but I would probably head up the beach a little ways. No way would I do it at the pool--it just seems to draw too much attention!

Edited: 26 May 2011, 13:46