We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

New Jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

Hi,

We are looking to go to EPM for our honeymoon. We want to book a "Non-Excellence Club Two-Story Rooftop Terrace" room with a nice beach view.

Based on my research online; I was looking at either building 7, 7b, or 8. I read online that it is better to request the tallest building this way you have the best view, and no one is able to look down on your terrace.

For anyone who has been to EPM; are buildings 7, 7b, and 8 all the same height? Or do they tier down and some "Two-Story Rooftop Terrace"'s lower than others?

What building would you recommend staying in (e.g. 7, 7b, or 8)? What room should I try to request from any of these buildings?

Thank you,

olimits7

boston ma
Level Contributor
398 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

Buildings 7, 7b and 8 are all highrise, so you would be on the highest floor possible. IMO, 7b will give you the best oceanview. We stayed in 7b, room 7420 for our honeymoon 2 years ago. It has a nice oceanview looking straight out at Isla Mujeres over to the Marina on the right. Sun all day, plenty of privacy, and a nice pool right below. I think all things considered, 7b is the best you can do for a non ec RTT.

Mentioned in this post
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,018 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

#7b would be my choice as the views are better and it is quieter

oakville, ON
Destination Expert
for Oakville
Level Contributor
5,620 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

Another vote for 7B

Edited: 19 March 2012, 20:21
New Jersey
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

Ok, great...I'll definitely see if I can request a room in 7B then.

However, just for my knowledge; which buildings are lower than others?

From the image they have posted in the link below, I think the building that is showing here is 8A. And it looks like half of the building is lower than the other half. Are there other buildings that have the same layout as building 8A?

excellence-resorts.com/caribbean-and-mexico-…

Thank you, again!

olimits7

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

Builing group 9 is similar. 9 is high rise with 9a being lower like much of 8a. Here is a video from parasailing that shows a different view.

tripadvisor.com/ProfileGallery-i25658556.html

Level Contributor
4,205 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

I agree with the above posters, the best Non-EC building is #7b which is side onto The Beloved Hotel.

Edited: 20 March 2012, 10:21
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

Thanks Frank, great video to show the resort!

denver
Level Contributor
218 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

Then there are also lateral rooftop terraces on, I believe, buildings 1-6, where you don't have to go up stairs to get to your terrace. You simply walk out a door out onto your terrace. These are adjacent to rooms that have terraces upstairs, so if you get one of these, you will have at least one terrace higher than yours. I actually prefer these as we have never had an issue with privacy. If someone were to look down, it's not like they are going to keep looking down and stare at whatever we're doing. We are also much more likely to use our terrace when we just have to walk outside, rather than go upstairs.

quebec
Level Contributor
48 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

hi Flip u been a huge help to us with EPC and Excellence Cancun , now we looking into booking Excellence Playa mujeres Club excellence ocean front room , any recommendation on the building selection and who I may contact to requests room and building request too , we have total 60 days in excellence resort but never been to playa mujeres because we heard about the beach different reviews looking forward on any info.... thanks

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,018 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Excellence Playa Mujeres - Building/Room Choice?

Hi

My suggestion would be an upper floor room in #8b with #9 as a backup

Please note as you will see from the resort map on their website that the rooms are more ocean view than oceanfront

Best contact is

playamujeres@excellence-resorts.com

Have fun