We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few suggestions for Bryce Canyon

Parma, Italy
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
A few suggestions for Bryce Canyon

Hello everybody!

In slightly more than a month I will be visiting Bryce Canyon for the first time, and I have a couple questions I have been meaning to ask to people far more knowledgeable than myself :)

1. I know this has been asked a lot but... Sunset or sunrise? I will be staying near the canyon for one night, but I don't think I will be able to do both. Which one is better in your opinion? And what is the best viewpoint for them?

2. Which is the best hike in the park?

3. What is the most scenic way to go from Bryce to Arches (my next stop?)

Thank you so much in advance for your help! :)

utah
Level Contributor
3,419 posts
42 reviews
11. Re: A few suggestions for Bryce Canyon

The "don't miss" hike is the Navajo/Queens loop. I'd say it's more moderate than easy. However if you are up for one of the longer hikes Fairyland/Peek-a-boo/Figure 8 you are fine to skip Navajo/Queens - in most cases the longer hikes are just an extension of Navajo/Queens anyway. One thing to be aware with hiking in Bryce is you start out going downhill into the canyon and the difficult hiking comes at the end hiking back out - be sure to pace yourself, know your abilities and have enough water - all of these are more concerning when you have to plan the difficult part of the hike at the end. Any of this hikes pair well with sunrise -watch the sunrise then start hiking.

Edited: 30 May 2017, 12:48
San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
29 posts
149 reviews
12. Re: A few suggestions for Bryce Canyon

Regarding the most scenic route from Bryce Canyon to Moab/Arches, I recommend highway 12 to highway 24 to Interstate 70 then 191 into Moab. I took that route in May, 2016 and thought it was quite scenic. If you go this route plan on making at least a couple stops along the way to enjoy the scenery and take some photos. You will go through Capitol Reef which has some great sights and if you have the time you can make a detour to Canyonlands via highway 313 just before you get to Moab. Both stops have some glorious sights and are worth the detours.

13. Re: A few suggestions for Bryce Canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2018, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Bryce Canyon National...