We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on shuttle service

Carmichaels...
Level Contributor
92 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Question on shuttle service

When looking at the map for Bryce, I don't see any shuttle stops marked after Bryce Point.....are there no shuttle stops after this area, in which case it is drive yourself to the remainder and Rainbow point? I am attempting to plan a 1 day itinerary, but shuttle vs. drive will definitely make a difference. Also, how busy will it be to drive/shuttle on Memorial Day?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Salt Lake City, Lake Powell
Level Contributor
19,778 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on shuttle service

Here's a list of the shuttle stops in Bryce Canyon. (From the official website)

Bryce Canyon Shuttle Stops/Route Sequence

The shuttle begins its route at the Shuttle Station north of the park. Here you can easily park and pay your entrance fee before boarding. Leaving the station, the shuttle first stops at Ruby's Inn and the Grand Hotel, then begins its route south into the park. All stops within the park are numbered (#1-#9).

After completing its route within the park, the shuttle returns north to the shuttle station.

<<Shuttle Station

Ruby's Inn

Grand Hotel

Ruby's Campground (Southbound only/does not enter campground)

Bryce Canyon Visitor Center

Sunset Campground (Southbound/does not enter campground)

Bryce Point

Inspiration Point

Sunset Campground (Northbound/on main road/does not enter campground)

Sunset Point

Bryce Canyon Lodge

Sunrise Point (General Store & High Plateau Inst. are nearby)

Bryce Canyon Visitor Center

Shuttle Station>>

There is no shuttle stop after Bryce Canyon Lodge. You'd have to drive yourself to Rainbow Point. Plan on the park being busy on Memorial Day.

Carmichaels...
Level Contributor
92 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on shuttle service

Well, that makes it a little more complicated since we'll need to use use a mix of shuttles and our car. But being a holiday I am sure the shuttles will be necessary for the most popular spots.

Hudson, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on shuttle service

Plan on driving your car to the southern viewpoints past Bryce Point down to Rainbow Point in the middle of the daytime to avoid the peak of the crowds (~10-3pm). I would drive to Rainbow Point first and then stop at the overlooks on your return because they are all on your right.

I've always been able to find a parking spot at the major lots overlooking the main rim amphitheater (Fairyland, Sunrise, Sunset, Inspiration and Bryce Points) before 10am and after 3-4pm. Memorial Day may bring more crowds than normal, though. Just keep your options open. Pictures imo are best before 10am along the main rim amphitheater, anyways, before the crowds start filling the parking lots.

Tacoma, Washington
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
11,188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on shuttle service

focus on sunrise and sunset in the main canyon. during the day explore the southern part. If you go for sunrise you should find parking....similarly if you go about an hr before sunset you should find parking spots at the main canyon area near sunset point.

5. Re: Question on shuttle service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2018, 00:18