We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

choosing trails

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
106 posts
630 reviews
Save Topic
choosing trails

Hi TA family:

im on the final details of our trip to bryce, and after doing some homework, i have a couple of questions: please consider our group of 14 people ages 5 to 52, and consider that on this trip we will be doing zion, antelope, monument valley and gcnp:

1. as we wont be spending the night at bryce, will we find enough RV parking at the park, or do you recommend something else?

2. Out of these 2 choices to you think i can do both, or 1?

a. take the shuttle all the way to the last stop and work our way back

b. do the loop that starts with navajo loop trail, followed by the queens garden route, to sunset point, and finish off at sunrise point? from what i read it should be a 3 mile walk? with enough time and snacks.... is it doable for the little ones?

thank you so much for whatever advise you can offer.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: choosing trails

2 a

The regular park shuttle serves the main amphitheatre section only. So just looking at your description, it will not cover the scenic drive to Rainbow and Yovimpa points. That is the portion of the park we usually say to 'start at the last stop and work your way back'. For the scenic drive, you would try to either book the 'coach tour' listed on the www.nps.gov/brca website, or you would drive your RV(depends on what size really).

For question #1 listed above, you would park your RV outside of the park at Ruby's garage/Sinclair, Southeast of Ruby's Inn. Then purchase a park pass and take the free shuttle into the park.

Kipling. SK
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park
Level Contributor
7,026 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: choosing trails

https:/…shuttle.htm

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
106 posts
630 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: choosing trails

thank you Widmarsh for your detailed answer. i will follow your parking advise, and look into the shuttle.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,497 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: choosing trails

The 3-mile hike going from Sunset Point to Sunrise Point via Queens Garden and Navajo Loop is a wonderful, beautiful few hours, but is definitely strenuous in spots. The little ones will be able to handle it with some breaks, but the ascent from the canyon floor can be strenuous.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
16,493 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: choosing trails

I also would recommend leaving the RV outside the park and riding the shuttle into the main amphitheater section.

Navajo to Queen's garden is a great loop. If you feel it would be a bit too long for your kids then you could just do the Navajo Loop (if both sides are open) or do a down and back on either one of the trails.

Bogota, Colombia
Level Contributor
106 posts
630 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: choosing trails

Thank you for CleveRocks and Kbecjeans. I appreciate your input. Since that would be the only thing planned for the day, i think based on your suggestions that we could pack lunch and make it an all day thing if we have to, without rushing! Cant thank you enough!

7. Re: choosing trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2018, 00:18