We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speedy's Airboat ride

California
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Speedy's Airboat ride

Just had a brief visit to the Everglades, and wanted to recommend Speedy's Airboat ride. Very fun, well organized, great driver, we had a great time. Highly recommend it. No alligators (they said that the water is too saline this time of year) but they advised us to go 7 miles east on Highway 41 to HP Williams picnic area, and did we ever see alligators! They were everywhere on shore and swimming in the river, and we had very good views from the safe boardwalk. Then on to Shark Valley but alas we only had time for a short walk. Still very nice with tones of birds and of course more gators, right on the path.

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Speedy's Airboat ride

Lorenky, thanks for the post about Speedy's Airboat ride. I've been trying to decide which company to use, so this helps. We'll be there mid May.

California
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Speedy's Airboat ride

They go through the saw grass as well as the mangroves, which not all the companies do. It was a highlight of our trip. Have fun.

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Speedy's Airboat ride

Lorenky, did you happen to go on one of the boat trips out of the Gulf Coast Visitor Center? They have one that goes to 10,000 Islands and one thru Mangroves. I was just wondering if either of those were good.

California
Level Contributor
1,328 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Speedy's Airboat ride

No, we didn't to that. I did go on the Sea life Encounter cruise through Mote Aquarium in Sarasota and loved it. Ton's of birds, we saw dolphins, very well done with a marine biologist on board.

Louisville
Level Contributor
144 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Speedy's Airboat ride

Thanks for your help. I appreciate any info I can get. It sure makes planning easier.

6. Re: Speedy's Airboat ride

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 11:19