We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Affordable hotels in area

Texas
4 posts
Affordable hotels in area

Are there any cheap hotels (< $100) in the area that are decent enough to stay at with a family? We are flying with family to Washington in June and aren't dragging along camping gear, so camping is not an option.

Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,720 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Affordable hotels in area

The Super 8 is probably your best bet. It's a typical Super 8/Motel 6. Cinderblock, boring, but clean and cheap.

Port Angeles, WA
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park
Level Contributor
11,774 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Affordable hotels in area

Jdalbey, "the area" does not help us. Olympic National Park is enormous. Where are you hoping to go? I believe the Super 8 Chuck referenced is the one in Port Angeles.

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,722 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Affordable hotels in area

Yes the question is where do you want to position yourself. We have the less visited Eastside; the North around Port Angeles ,Lake Crescent and Hurricane Ridge; NW around Neah Bay; Westside for Hoh Rainforest and Ocean Beaches around the town of Forks: and the SW corner with Lake Quinault, Ruby Beach and the Quinault Rainforest. The answer is yes depending on how many beds. Not sure what you want to see and how many days. Some people want two locations, some one. I will tell you this. IMO the Quinault and Hoh Rainforests are never more beautiful then in early June. June of course can also mean grey and or rain. I can recommend less expensive places to stay around Forks and and Quinault.

Texas
4 posts
4. Re: Affordable hotels in area

Thanks for the feedback. We will probably be staying 4 days in the park area. Would it be better to spend two nights in one area and then the other two nights in a different area? If so, what's a good way to divide it up?

What are your recommendations for Forks and Quinault affordable places to stay?

Poulsbo, Washington
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,722 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Affordable hotels in area

www.quinaultrainforest.com/pages/stay.html

The cheapest place to stay is probably the Rainforest Resort motel units at Quinault. The Quinault River Resort is pretty reasonable. Google Forks Chamber of Commerce. The Pacific Inn is a basic motel in the middle of Forks. I stay there all the time if I am not camping. If you get dry weather, June is a perfect time for the rainforests!

Edited: 13 February 2012, 11:19
6. Re: Affordable hotels in area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2013, 05:38