We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

one day drive by visit to Sequoia, should I take the shuttle

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Topic
one day drive by visit to Sequoia, should I take the shuttle

I plan to enter thru the three rivers station and exit via Grant Grove area ( to route 180). I understand there are shuttle trips at Lodgepole to Giant Forest Museum, Sherman Tree and Moro Rock. Should I take the shuttle or drive myself? Is it feasible to include a visit to Moro Rock time wise?

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,987 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: one day drive by visit to Sequoia, should I take the shuttle

I don't think you'll have a choice about taking the shuttle if you want to manage your time. Yes, take the shuttle - it goes over to the Moro Rock area, then takes you on to Crescent Meadow. This is possibly the heart of the Giant Forest and definitely worth seeing.

Shuttles come about every 10-15 minutes, entire loop will depend on how long you take at each spot (I'd allow 3 hours and see Tharp's Log from Log/Crescent Meadow). Are you wanting to go to the top of Moro Rock? You can do that and see Crescent Meadow in maybe 2 hours if you don't spend much time at the meadow.

It's my understanding that the road to Moro Rock is closed until September to regular traffic.

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: one day drive by visit to Sequoia, should I take the shuttle

It is my first time to Sequoia. My impression is that the main attraction are the Sherman and Grant trees. Now I definitely will include Giant Forest area and Moro Rock. Do I still have time for the other spots you mention?

3. Re: one day drive by visit to Sequoia, should I take the shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Sequoia and Kings...