We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No non-stop flights???!!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,349 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
No non-stop flights???!!!

The last time we visited the beautiful florida panhandle we flew non-stop from Newark. We have been wanting to return for years but refuse to have a 2.5 hr trip turn into something from 5-9 hrs. Convenience and short flight time is the main reason we vacation in the state multiple times a year. It blows my mind that we cannot find a non-stop with a drive of non much longer than an hour to the area. Am I missing something?

12 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,958 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: No non-stop flights???!!!

if you're slamming the door at 2-1/2 hours, you're not going to get to FL from NJ.

United States
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: No non-stop flights???!!!

Hey cozy29a,

I remember talking to you a few years ago about staying in a houseboat in Sausalito. Did you ever do it?

I feel your pain about direct flights when you fly. I hate to make stops and plane changes. Such a waste of time when you consider the drive to the airport as the beginning of your trip.

I think the suggestion that you try a different FL location than the panhandle is a good one. It's just tough to find anything non-stop to the panhandle. I bet you can easily find a non-stop 2 1/2 hr flight to Ft. Myers or Tampa. Tampa area wouldn't be my choice of places to go, but there are some nice beaches not too far away.

And Ft. Myers opens up a lot of possibilities. Good luck with your search!

Reply to: No non-stop flights???!!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted