Had never heard of sneaker waves before but looking at a few videos & posts has been enough to convince me that they're worthy of respect. A few questions...
- do sneaker waves happen at any time, regardless of whether tide is coming in or going out?
- how frequent are they? Many times a day? Occasional in a week / month?
- is it reasonably safe to walk along water's edge if we keep an eye on the sea?
- assuming the beach is wide & flat, could one outrun a sneaker wave?
- how deep is the water when it comes in on a sneaker wave?
On a related subject, when in the tide cycle is best to go to Hug Point? I've read about it being safest on a minus tide but I don't actually know what that means!