We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

Northallerton...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

Hi,

We've wanted to stay at Cap Juluca for a while as it ticks most of our boxes, mainly the privacy but also the quality service and good food.

However, the reviews on TripAdvisor regarding the tired, old rooms have put us off. We're a newlywed couple and are more interested in quiet and privacy than in being close to the beach and so we'd be spending a lot of time in our room than usual.

Has anyone stayed at Cap recently and can confirm which rooms have been updated?

Also, would there be any problems in visiting Cap around July time this year (rain? hurricanes? mosquitoes?)

Thanks all

NYC
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

Have you considered a villa instead? You wouldn't have to worry about other guests, interruptions from hotel staff, etc. La Petite Maison d'Amour sounds like it would fit your bill -- it's actually somewhat difficult to find, so privacy would be virtually assured.

http://www.discoveranguilla.com/

July will be extremely hot and you will definitely need to stock up on Mosquito Milk! Any rain will likely be a quick downpour, so no worries there. Hurricanes? Unpredictable, of course, so trip insurance isn't a bad idea . . .

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
7,404 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

Another thought from a privacy-minded traveler:

Speak to Jeannine at Sheriva. This villa is the next driveway to CJ so you get all of the perks gratis including their fabulous beach but you will have your own staff, your own pool and complete privacy at a rate less than CJ's.

Worth a call.

Austin
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

We stayed here in 2005 and although it was 5 years ago we read the same thing but thought the rooms were fine-- if not fabulous. In fact, we also visited St. Barth's on the same trip where we stayed at Isle de France and still liked the rooms at Cap Juluca better.

Edited: 28 March 2011, 21:22
Northallerton...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

I thought I'd bump this thread to see if anyone had any recent (2011) experiences at Cap Juluca.

Thanks

dallas texas
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

My hsuband and I stayed in Morgan Hill Villa. Nothing behind you but the horizen as far as you can see. It has a beautiful deck along the back of the house. No pool, but the beach is at the bottom of the hill. It is owned by a woman in New Jersey and she is great to work with. The rates are very fair and the place is immaculate. It even has a kitchen supplied for a gourmet cook.

Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

What has Morgan Hill to do with CJ?

dallas texas
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

Other people were suggesting villas instead. Thought it was ok to add to the conversation. Sorry

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

Anguilla is just a 'tad' tiny'r than Alberta, Canada and Dallas, Texas, so, maybe texsun's comment is relavent to the conversation in a way, I mean, i've seen these threads go off in different directions many times, and sometimes a lot of good comes of it. Just my opinion

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Alberta, Canada
Level Contributor
784 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

Most places are a tad tiny'r than Alberta or Texas - LOL.

Threads do go off on a tangent sometimes, and sometimes that is OK and sometimes it kills the original question - that's life. My comment was made because Alexscreen specifically bumped this thread to get recent information on CJ, after having been recommended villas before.

At least now I understand texsun's thoughts behind the post. Thanks.

10. Re: Updated rooms at Cap Juluca?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 04:26
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla