We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

Tampa, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

I'm a 38 y/o widowed female who will be staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas. Not renting a car but would like to rent a bike; is this recommended? Is there a liquor store within walking distance? Good food? Any advice on great areas to visit would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Pueblo, Colorado
Level Contributor
431 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

I can't think of a liquor store close by, but there is a grocery store (Ashley's), ice cream store and at least 1 bar within walking distance.

Big Jim's BBQ is at Blowing Point. The Ferryboat Inn is the next property (further from the ferry) to Patsy's and it has a nice restaurant.

I'm not sure about a bike.

HTH - Bea

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
426 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

We've stayed at Patsy's several times. I would not ride a bike because I would not feel safe doing so because of the speed at which some people drive there on narrow roads. But that's me. For us, there is just too much to see and do all around the island without renting a jeep.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
11,229 posts
309 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

Ashleys does not sell liquor.

Get a car and get out and explore, you will enjoy it, and it is easy to drive there.

Good luck,

Ellen

Tampa, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

Does Patsy's have internet service? Thanks for the bike tip. Was nervous about driving on the other side of the road but sounds like it's safer than riding a bike!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
426 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

The wifi is fairly spotty. Had to stand in the corner of one of the bedrooms to get it at times. Didn't really need it when we had Anguilla to enjoy.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

Driving is much safer than riding a bike in Anguilla! Anyway, while the beach you are on is nice, many of Anguilla's other beaches range from spectacular to magnificent -- you won't want to miss them.

Tampa, Florida
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

Which beaches were your favorite? Can you tell me just a couple "must see" spots? Am definitely going to rent a jeep now based on the comments. I'm a low-key person who enjoys a great beach bar - don't need anything fancy!!!

Leesburg, Florida
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

Shoal Bay Beach East has quite a few beach bars. Go to Gwens on Sunday Afternoon for lunch and the music. Smokeys at the Cove on Cove Bay is fun on Sat Afternoon when the Musical Brothers paly. Good place for lunch

Ma
Level Contributor
433 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

BeechGirl,

A simple rental car will be fine for use in Anguilla, no need for a jeep as there are very few places on the island that require use of 4-wheel drive.

Use the saved money to buy rum punches!

jj

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying at Patsy's Seaside Villas near Blowing Point

Take a ride to Meads Bay area, you can visit several resorts within minutes of each other, Franfipani, with Straw Hat, has a very nice bar and wonderful view, Viceroy, too. Cap J. , cuisinart (great lunch) both have view of St .Maarten, You'll be amazed at what you'll find just driving around and exploring a little. We found it to be a lot of fun.

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla