We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of staying at two different places....

Denver, Co
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Thinking of staying at two different places....

We are tentatively planning a Anguilla vacation next summer (2012) in either June or July. Because we are coming such a long way (Colorado) and plannig on staying 8 nights, we are thinking about possibly trying Ku or SBV for the first part of the trip and then Turtles Nest or Carimer for the second half so that we can experience Shoal and Meads.

Thoughts??

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

Look into Frangipani Beach Resort for your Meads Bay experience, we stayed there in april, and it is far superior to Turtles Neck ( and also right next door) IMHO. Plus they have great rates that time of year. The short week we spent there, we fell in love with the place, and we're going back next spring for two weeks at least!

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

Just another thought, If you're only staying 8 nights, why split it up?, the island is small enough that if you rent a car (which you really should) you'll have a less disrupted vacation, and still see anything you want to...Just a thought.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

We frequently split our time between the east & west ends -- it's like having 2 separate vacations! Also, Turtles Nest is on the same beach as Frangi, same air, same water, & the units are enormous and comfy (we stay in 2W). I would rather spend the money on meals rather than lodging (& we have stayed at Frangi on a number of occasions -- we now prefer Turtles Nest).

Annapolis Md
Level Contributor
133 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

I split a 10 day stay years ago and wished I hadn't. Every day the impending move was on my mind. I thought "only 4 more days here", then the next day "only three more days here", then the next day "only two more days here" and so on and so on. I had to be aware of what day is was. I totally missed out on one of the things I enjoy best about visiting Anguilla, which is the fact that it doesn't matter what day it is. I get there and take off my watch and toss the calendar away. For me it made the vacation go too quickly. Personally I wouldn't do it again. As Shooter mentioned the island is small enough you can rent a car and easily visit any beach you want.

Edited: 10 May 2011, 20:53
Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

We enjoy splitting our time in Anguilla....a resort for some time on Meads and a villa for the rest of the time near Shoal Bay for the rest. I feel as Mary as we get 2 vacations in one! The move is never a

big deal to us......Whereas you can rent a car to visit other areas there is

nothing like waking up at a destination when the beach is very quiet and being there for evenings.

I think your choices are great ---- Meads and Shoal Bay in summer months

are just divine! I would recommend Shoal Bay Villas over Ku.

I have friends as Mary who really love Turtles Nest.

Yes, getting to Anguilla from Colorado is not easy but SO worth all it takes

to get there!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6,940 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

I tend to agree with staying in one place. Mainly because you really only have 3 days at each and the move will take more time than you'd like away from your day being that they are on opposite ends of the island.

If they were close, it might be a different story.

You can always make a plan to spend an entire day (or more) on the other end of the island without having to physically stay there.

Omaha
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

We stayed 8 nights at the end of Feb. and split our stay. 3 nights at Serenity on SBE and then 5 nights at Frangipani. So glad we did it that way. Fell in love with both sides of the island for different reasons. Moving was not an issue.

When we return(SOON I hope) we'd consider doing the split again if we don't go the villa route.

Denver, Co
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

I totally agree, Mary. All we need is a place to catch some zzzz's, shower and fix a cup of coffee or toast a bagel. I don't plan on spending much time anywhere else but the beach~ I'd love to be there now as the weather in Denver today is a rain/snow mix with a high of 50 degrees :-(

Ontario
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

Hi

We split a 9 day vacation last year. The first part was off the beach, and the second half was at Turtle's nest. We loved it! We were on the main floor that walked out to the pool and beach. Great rooms, nice finishes, good beds, amazing sunsets from the roof.

Sand

Eatontown, New...
Level Contributor
119 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thinking of staying at two different places....

We stayed at Ku on Shoal Bay East for a week in May 2010 and we stayed at Anacaona on Meads Bay for a week May 4-11, 2011.

The best place to stay will depend on your price range and how much you are willing to hunt for a really exceptional rate on different discounted travel sites. We paid only $110 per night for our stay at KU (included the tax and service charges) and we paid only $102 per night (tax and service charges also included) for our recent stay at Anacaona.

For both stays we had no complaints. We chose Anacaona over KU this year for a few reasons. 1. - we could not get the discounted rate at KU this year that we got in 2010. 2. Because the owners of KU are trying to sell the resort, we were worried they are not putting money into the resort to maintain it. 3. We were able to get a great discounted rate at Anacaona.

If you want to spend more $$$$....Shoal Bay Villas is your best bet on Shoal Bay East and Frangipani is your best bet on Meads bay.

Get answers to your questions about Anguilla