We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

I'm trying to think if I should book Viceroy for more than 7 nights!

I figure it's basically one full day of travel from Texas combined... decisions decisions

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
460 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

We started with 7 nights on our first trip, next trip was 10, then 14, then 16...it's never enough. If you can swing it, book 10 nights. You won't regret it.

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

Here at Viceroy now. I would suggest 8 or better yet 10 especially if taking advantage of the "stay 1 get 1 free" promo. There is so much you can do or do nothing at all if that is your pleasure! A week flies bye warp speed here on Anguilla.

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
909 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

What are the things you have done so far? Have you tried restaurant outside of te resort? If so, what are the prices.

Just got a package from Anguilla Tourism Board mail to me. Looks beautiful. I had no idea there was an office near by me in White Plains New York.

Chicago
Level Contributor
833 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

Haven't been to Anguilla yet, but about 3 years ago I added an 8th night to my annual Caribbean trip and it has made a HUGE difference. That extra day is fantastic, especially when arrival and departure day don't allow for a ton of relaxation. Some day when I hope to make it 10 days. That seems like the perfect amount to me.

In order to save a little cash, I'm staying at the Ferryboat Inn the first night and then CuisinArt for 7 nights. That first day starts with a cab pick-up at 3:30 am, so all I want that night is a walk on the water, a burger, a couple of drinks, and then a bed. The vacation really starts on day 2.

Providence, Rhode...
Level Contributor
30 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

Stay as long as you can afford to - you won't be sorry. :)

East Longmeadow...
Level Contributor
135 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

We stayed seven nights in April, and it wasn't nearly enough. Like the others say, stay as long as you can, you won't regret it. (at least until you get home and the credit card bills start coming in) we're planning at least two weeks next year.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

Looks like the vote is for more than 7 (I'm not surprised).

We're booking on a special rate for 7 nights and got an ocean view studio suite with plunge pool and all that for $3800 AFTER taxes for all 7 nights (about $542 per night)... not bad huh!?

Speaking with our travel agent, I don't think they'll be able to get the same rates if we extend past 7 nights because then we'll be hitting Christmas time (we're looking at Dec 11 through Dec 18 currently... and I'm wanting to maybe extend it to the 19th or 20th at least).

I guess worst case, is I get the 7 nights through my travel agent, and then book 1 or 2 more nights separately using that stay 1 get 1 free thing if it's still applicable

Hatfield...
Level Contributor
1,812 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

I agree with the others--stay as long as you can!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
133 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

Doh!

So, we're at Dec 11 through Dec 18 right now for 7 nights in an oceanview studio suite for $3799 total after taxes.

They said once we get into the following week (19th and beyond) it jumps A LOT in daily rate because it's holiday season. Bummmmmer I think it was like $1,000+ per night after the 18th.

Is this God's way of telling me to save money? :)

New York
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,186 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How many nights minimum is worth it in Anguilla?

Rates go up at all the hotels around Dec. 18, its the start of Christmas break and there will be lots of familys.The 11th to 18th, perfect dates,

all the restaurants will be open and the crowds will not be there.

Edited: 19 May 2011, 17:33
Get answers to your questions about Anguilla