We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Suggestions

Iowa
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Suggestions

We are four couples looking to make our first trip to Anguilla. We have been traveling annually to St John for about the last 10 years and are finally convinced that we need to try other areas outside of the VI. I am pushing for Anguilla given what I know about the island. I know it is different than St John in that it is much flatter and relatively arid and not as "Americanized" as St. John, but we all like beautiful beaches and a quieter, laid back island and it sounds like Anguilla fits the bill.

We want to rent a house and would like to keep it at or below $8k for the week. Travel is in January, 2015. Need four bedrooms, pool and preferably a great view. We are willing to drive to beaches. We also enjoy a good happy hour at local establishments. I understand the food is a major draw for the island, but while we all appreciate good food, none of us are foodies.

Thanks for any help

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
71 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Villa Suggestions

I would look at the Villa Mangrove Was there a few weeks ago and it would be just the place for your group The villa is fully equipped and all you will hear is the ocean. Full kitchen, 50 x 20 foot free form pool

Check it out before you make a choice

http://www.mangrove-anguilla.com/

Level Contributor
13 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Villa Suggestions

Gayle at My Caribbean was great. We rented a house for 10 days over thanksgiving. We have to children and she made sure we had everthing we need and could not have been more helpful. SHe is very knowledgeable of the island and is a great resouce. We originally rented the place for a week and were going to spend a few days in ST. Martin. After I decided it would be to much of a hassle with the kids to move she spoke to the owners and got us an amazing rate.

13. Re: Villa Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 02:21