We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of food

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of food

I wondering how much food cost in the Island, I am thinking to go with out AI plan. for example how much is one roti?

Columbus, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Antigua
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of food

A chicken roti costs between 11 ECD to 13 ECD about 4.5 to 5 USD.

Regards

Mark

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of food

We rented an apartment (so no AI) near Jolly Harbour for two weeks at the end of December. We found the prices in the restaurants comparable to Toronto. We could usually get a nice (not fancy but good) meal for four, with drinks, for about $100 Canadian, perhaps a bit more. The food in the grocery stores was a bit pricier than here, though (I assume because of the higher cost of importing it).

CORNWALL
Level Contributor
219 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of food

I agree with "RobandCathy" about the grocery stores. The nice thing is although the groceries are more expensive, the liquor is soooooo much less expensive than here in Canada....LOL!!!!

4. Re: Cost of food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 06:21