We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place for dinner

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
684 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Place for dinner

WE are staying at Sandals and coming in a day early. I am thinking of booking Siboney based on the reviews on here and how close it is to Sandals. We will really only need dinnter that night. Shoudl we eat on property or go out for dinner? I am thinking it'd be nice to go to a restaurant with a beautiful view and decent food - nothing fancy. A place where my husband can wear nice shorts and sandals. How hard is it to call a cab and have them drop you off and then come get you after dinner and how expensive is it? We like Italian, pizza, steak, etc. It will be a Friday night in November if that makes a difference.

4 replies to this topic
Ontario
Level Contributor
522 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place for dinner

Been to Antigua a few times, not stayed at Siboney but been to Coconut Grove Restaurant a few times....love it...right on the beach, very casual. Assuming you will be eating early enough to enjoy stunning views you might consider Bayhouse Restaurant at Tradewinds hotel just a really short taxi ride away..no idea of cost for taxi.....it is up on a hill with a view of Dickenson Bay that is breathtaking! Their menu is on-line...we only did a breakfast and a lunch there so can't comment on dinner....maybe email them ahead with a reservation so you get a good table (view)...no idea how busy they would be on a Friday in November.

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,583 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place for dinner

Coconut Grove is very handy, but IMO a bit expensive for what it is these days. Given what you're after, you might want to have a couple of sundowners there (the sunset view is lovely) and then perhaps go up to Pari's Pizza - something of an island institution and very good pizzas and steak (not to mention the ribs). It's only a very short ride up the hill from Siboney.

For a bit of truly casual fun, you could always just go to the chippy fish and chip van which is literally just outside the back car park, or if you want to be able to walk (and have already enjoyed your sundowner view), Putters, again just steps away from Siboney is extremely good value - very popular with expats and pretty basic, but decent food and ideal if you're tired from travelling.

There are virtually no restaurants on island (other than those on resorts) that require anything other than casual dress.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
178 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place for dinner

Don't wear shorts and sandals for dinner. I did once, never again. Next day each leg had over 20 red bites. I felt nothing at the time. Sand flies. But - hey - suit yourself.

Ontario
Level Contributor
522 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place for dinner

Oh yes.....i had lots of bites vacationing at Dickenson which is why we prefer the winds on the east coast...Bayhouse up on the hill has great views and no sand flies!!

Reply to: Place for dinner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations