We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shore fishing in antigua

London
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
shore fishing in antigua

does anyone know if you can do shore fishing in antigua?

Or is it mainly sea fishing?

alexandria, va.
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: shore fishing in antigua

you can shore fish, when i first started going over i use to keep 12 foot surf rods there. I haven't done it for a few years now so i couldn't tell you whats currently being caught or how good the fishing is right now. as far as tackle goes there is a place in St Johns at the Hertiage Quay shopping area that sells fishing gear, it's on the second floor over the jewelry store, enjoy

Mentioned in this post
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shore fishing in antigua

Hi Rick

There is some good shore fishing, depending where you're based. Tarpon, snapper and barracuda, mostly. Have a look in the Caribbean forum of WorldSeaFishing.com where there have been several similar queries.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
antigua
Level Contributor
194 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: shore fishing in antigua

Jolly Harbour has plenty of tarpon and some snook. You can also get some good light tackle action in Cades Bay.

London
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shore fishing in antigua

can you hire eqipment from anywhere nr jolly beach?

UK/Antigua
Destination Expert
for St. John's, Antigua
Level Contributor
6,566 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: shore fishing in antigua

You might want to ask this question over at www.antiguaforums.com - there are a couple of keen fishermen there who might be able to point you in the right direction!

6. Re: shore fishing in antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 01:26
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations