We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Patios in ALL rooms at Sandals Antigua & FREE upgrade?

Michigan
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Patios in ALL rooms at Sandals Antigua & FREE upgrade?

We've booked a honeymoon garden of eden DELUXE room (NOT PREMIUM) at Sandals Grande Antigua and were told all these rooms have patios. Now I've read that these rooms DON'T have patios OR balconies. Does anyone know if they have patios or not?

Also, we've asked for an upgrade. I've read many reviews about people getting upgrades. Do they automatically upgrade you if you requested it or do you need to ask again when checking in? Were the upgrades free or did you pay extra? Thanks for all your help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Patios in ALL rooms at Sandals Antigua & FREE upgrade?

Hi Misty

We are going to Sandals Antigua in Jan, this will be our 5th time to Sandals, 2nd trip to Antigua, twice to St Lucia Grande and once to Ocho Rios. Apart from our first trip we have been upgraded each time. The 2nd time in St Lucia we were upgraded approx three room categories, Jamaica, one room category and last year to the Med Village.

All said, I think they try to upgrade dependant, obviously on what is available. Upgrading SSG's as a priority and then whatever else is available to those that are left. On the whole though I would advise not to upgrade beforehand, wait until you get there as you have a good chance of getting it free and if that doesn't happen you can upgrade then, you may be very pleased with your room.

According to the Sandals website you should have a balcony. Going by the map reference of your room category you are in a very good position in terms of being near all the restaurants, pools and Market Sq.

A short stroll from eveything actually.

Please don't worry to much, I'm sure you will be more than happy. Have a great holiday.

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
809 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Patios in ALL rooms at Sandals Antigua & FREE upgrade?

Been here 3 times - just back yesterday from a week there. Really great time. Perfect weather. All rooms that I've ever seen have either balcony or patio depending on floor level. Where have you read this information? Check out the Sandals website for room details or email Sandals and ask them directly if you're concerned.

Everyone always asks for an upgrade, so you will hardly be a priority. We always book a basic room and as SSG have always got an upgrade. Sandals like to upgrade customers as much as possible, as it makes them feel special, but if it's busy it may not happen.

I certainly would not spend too much on a holiday anywhere. Save the extra for your next trip.

N&B

Sandwich...
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Patios in ALL rooms at Sandals Antigua & FREE upgrade?

Funny we are also in the same rooms the Garden of Eden Deluxe, I think it said it was building 13 but I am not positive. My girlfriend and I are going with my parents who always go to Sandals resorts, so hopefully we can get an upgrade also. We are going January 24th for a week. Not sure if that is a busy time or not I wonder how hard it will be to get an upgrade? And how do you go about it, just ask?

4. Re: Patios in ALL rooms at Sandals Antigua & FREE upgrade?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 00:26
Get answers to your questions about St. John's
Recent Conversations