We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Antigua

Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Antigua

Anybody who's been to Antigua lately....what was the weather like? It is showing rain/showers almost every day right now....

Thanks!

Level Contributor
119 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Antigua

Hello,

We spent 10 days in Antigua over the holidays. Returning on 12-27-08. The weather during our stay was great. It did rain almost every day, but it was a quick 5-10 minute tropical storm. I think the day we left it was raining the entire morning and finally brightened up around 12pm.

Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Antigua

That's reassuring - thanks! I always thpought this time of year was the best for caribbean weather _ am I wrong? Have been on other islands in the past and experienced those rain showers that dried up pretty quick so would not be too concerned once it doesnt impact ur hooliday too much!

Were the temperatures good while you were there?

Many Thanks!

Level Contributor
119 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Antigua

Hello again,

Yes, the temperatures were good. Great even. I would say low 80's in the day and cooling a bit at night. But I really didn't feel the heat that much, b/c the ocean breeze was constant at the resort. (Sandals). Very pleasant weather.

Kingston, Ontario
Level Contributor
99 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Antigua

You can check the weather from the live webcam at the cruise ship dock. You may have to refresh the screen though.

http://www.coast.ag/webcam.html

Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Antigua

I love that link - thanks for letting me know about it!!

nh
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Antigua

I am interested to hear more about the weather in late May. Thats when we wil be going. Celebrating our 25th.

Ireland
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Antigua

Hi There,

I was in Barbados in early May and Cuba in late may/early June and the weather was fantastic! I am assuming that it would be comparable in Antigua but am open to correction! May till October is considered rainy/hurricane season, however, my experience was that if it rained, it was at night or at most for 10-20 minutes during the day.

8. Re: Weather in Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 23:20
Get answers to your questions about St. John's