We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

econo car rental

Boston
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
econo car rental

they are a very well respected agency but lately they have been getting very negative reviews.Anyone have a recent experience or have any info on management???thank you

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,332 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: econo car rental

Lately service has changed, not sure why. Some have had no problems, others have. Again not sure why. We rented from them more then 15 times. Now we are renting from Hans from Tropic, giving him a try.

Maybe it will be fine for u.

We like having a car.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: econo car rental

thank you...I'm wondering if there has been an ownership change...haven't heard that just wondering....things don't seem the same perhaps others with recent experiences will respond....thank you

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: econo car rental

We rented from them last month. Absolutely no problem. Car was ready. Return was quick and painless. I really think it depends on who is working that day. This probably applies to all car rental companies. I love returning the car without worrying about being early or late to meet someone. JMO.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: econo car rental

i agree...was car in good condition???caroline has always been very good wondering if she is still there...thank you

Glen Mills...
Level Contributor
576 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: econo car rental

I have had the same concerns. We are using Econo this year, using past good recommendations. We need room for six passengers and Hans doesn't carry larger vehicles. I guess I will find out IN 26 MORE DAYS!!!!!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: econo car rental

thank you and good luck....keep us posted

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: econo car rental

The car was decent. Ran well. Air worked fine. Did not take note of agent's name. Superbunches, stay positive. I am pretty sure everything will be OK.

massachusettes
Level Contributor
372 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: econo car rental

We rented from them in May and we did not get the car we rented- we wanted the smallest car they have but got the ext size up. Car was old but ran fine. My beef with them was that we had to wait an hour for the car to show up from being washed. Not how I wanted to start my vacation and we really barely used the car so we will not rent again from the airport and not for the whole time on the island because we really become beach bums when on the island and because we love cocktails on vacation we never take the car to dinner. I will say that we returned the car the day before we left to LaQuinta office( this was arranged when we rented the car) and they did not have the paperwork so dropping it took a few extra minutes but the woman was very nice and even drove us back in her own car to our hotel. Other than the wait I have no complaints.

North Cape May, Nj
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: econo car rental

mdzone59, did you fill out the rental agreement on line before the trip? If so, there is no excuse for them not to have had the car ready.

Boston
Level Contributor
3,562 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: econo car rental

true....thanks