We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi Aruba holiday coming up

Lancashire
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Divi Aruba holiday coming up

Hi

Would like some advice about trips etc which is the best way to book them? Direct or with Thomson holidays?

We like hiring a boat to go fishing etc does anyone know how much is reasonable to pay?

We are supposed to be in partial sea view rooms? Are these rooms nice and in a good location or would you recommend another type of room?

Thank you xxx

Aruba ATV Tour with Natural Pool Swim
240 Reviews
from US$79.50*
Rugged Natural Pool Safari
234 Reviews
from US$89.99*
Special Offer
Aruba Island Ultimate Safari
442 Reviews
from US$106.99*
US$111.78
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Divi Aruba holiday coming up

Hi, can't help with the trips part, but we had a limited sea view room with Thomson in July. it was great, single story apartments by the sandpiper bar, which was open 11am until 6pm. it was lovely and quiet down that end too. You could get a coffee from the machine in the bar early in a morning and always plenty of sun beds available on that part of the beach too. We would ask to stay in those rooms again.

Edited: 08 August 2016, 13:50
Lancashire
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divi Aruba holiday coming up

Thank you for replying. Can't wait! Is it bad with mosquitos?

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divi Aruba holiday coming up

We had no problem with mosquitoes at all and I always get bitten wherever I go, I read somewhere they don't like the trade winds not sure if this is correct though. The water Is safe to drink too, my hairdryer was useless there, not very powerful at all so used the one in the bathroom but my straighteners were fine! Ask me anything, I know what it's like before you go! It's a lovely place you'll have a great time.

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Divi Aruba holiday coming up

My first trip to Aruba will be with Thomson in November. If you log into your booking you will see a list of booked excursions with Thomson and the prices. I have booked two excursions direct rather than with Thomson for my trip for no other reason than they do not offer the excursions we want to do. Enjoy your trip and I look forward to reading your review if you are staying at Divi All Inclusive.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
3,030 Reviews
Aruba
Derbyshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Divi Aruba holiday coming up

My first trip to Aruba will be with Thomson in November. If you log into your booking you will see a list of booked excursions with Thomson and the prices. I have booked two excursions direct rather than with Thomson for my trip for no other reason than they do not offer the excursions we want to do. Enjoy your trip and I look forward to reading your review if you are staying at Divi All Inclusive.

Mentioned in this post
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
3,030 Reviews
Aruba
Lancashire
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Divi Aruba holiday coming up

We are going to the Divi Aruba??? Not sure if that is the same one you refer too lol.

I've been looking on trip advisor forums to see what others do and have done. I just think Thomson etc charge more... I might be wrong though.

More than anything it's not the cost it's what trips are the best to experience while visiting Aruba for the first time.

Mentioned in this post
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
3,030 Reviews
Aruba
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Lancashire
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Divi Aruba holiday coming up

Sounds good re Mosquitos!!!

Just can't wait. Went to Riu Vallarta in Mexico last year and nearly booked the Riu Palace in Aruba but I just didn't want to it to feel the same as all Riu's seem to be very similar.

X2 families had recommended the Divi so hoping it's as good as they say. I believe there is a climbing wall... Think it's at the Tam tho the sister hotel.

Need something for my lads to do aged 13 & 18!

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
6,714 Reviews
Aruba
Aruba
Aruba
Caribbean
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
3,030 Reviews
Aruba
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Divi Aruba holiday coming up

Yes there is a climbing wall on the beach at tam, there's also an area there with table tennis and pool tables which our 17 year old used, he also played beach football at the divi a few times and there's games like waterpolo at the main pool. You can borrow a lilo from where you get your beach towels from too.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
6 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Divi Aruba holiday coming up

Thank U xx

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
365 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply