We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

Utah
Level Contributor
65 posts
158 reviews
Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

If you stay at the Aruba Marriott Ocean Suites downtown...how far is it to the Aruba Marriott Marina Hotel where the food and drink is? Is there a shuttle between the two properties?

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

I don't recall a shuttle however the walk over is 5 minutes +/-or you can find many restaurants in the outdoor mall next to the suites.

These Marriott's are actually Renaissance hotels and timeshares

Edited: 07 September 2016, 13:58
New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
2. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

There is a golf cart that takes you between the Renaissance Ocean Suites and the Marina Resort. Just go outside the hotel and ask the bellman to drive you over. It only takes a few minutes between hotels. I give the driver a couple of $'s tip.

There is Sole casual poolside restaurant at the Ocean Suites. They also have a breakfast buffet and theme nights. Right next to the Ocean Suites is Renaissance Marketplace with restaurants (CILO, Sidebar, Cuba's Cookin', Dutch Pancake House, Café the Plaza, Hung Paradise and a few more). If you are on a All-Inclusive package, you would want to dine at the Marina Resort at Aquarius, L.G. Smith's and Blue Bar as the food is better there than at Sole. .

Utah
Level Contributor
65 posts
158 reviews
3. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

Thanks so much for your help.

Utah
Level Contributor
65 posts
158 reviews
4. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

Great information. Thanks.

Princeton Junction...
Level Contributor
269 posts
179 reviews
5. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

These are not Marriotts any longer, I didn't know what you were referring to at first, so I suggest using the Renaissance name otherwise others wont know where you are staying in case you take a cab or make reservations for any pick ups. If this indeed is the Renaissance area you are in walking distance to many shops and eateries.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

shoprenaissancearuba.com/marketplace/directo…

===========================

Here is a listing of the merchants, including the restaurants in the Seaport Marketplace next to the Ren Suites.

Although owned by Marriott they were never actually under the parent name, before Ren took over they were part of Sonesta family and before that the area was known as Harbourtown.

Utah
Level Contributor
65 posts
158 reviews
7. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

If these aren't Marriotts then why do they let you use points for the rooms? That seems curious to me. I know they use the name Renaissance but I thought that was under the Marriott. Thanks for the information.

Utah
Level Contributor
65 posts
158 reviews
8. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

Interesting about them being Sonestas before. Thanks for all the merchants.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
902 posts
77 reviews
9. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

Renaissance is part of the Marriott Group but if you use the name Marriott for these hotels in Aruba, you may confuse your taxi drivers. They will know them as Renaissance (to differentiate them from the Marriott complex at Palm Beach).

Utah
Level Contributor
65 posts
158 reviews
10. Re: Shuttle between the downtown Marriotts

Gotcha. Thanks