We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

Windham, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

I heard that, since our last visit this past May, you can now rent the palapas if you don’t want to wait around and get one in the “lottery” that they have each day. Can anyone that has done this please tell me:

- how it works?

- how much it costs? Are all sizes the same price?

- do you need to rent it on a daily basis or can you rent it on the first day for your entire length of stay?

Thanks!!!

9 replies to this topic
Trinity, Texas
3 posts
1 review
1. Re: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

Good question, I would like to know the answer!

Kinnelon, New Jersey
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

Waiting for the answer also, as I will be there the end Of November, God willing.

7 posts
3. Re: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

I read that you need to be a platinum member to rent. Hoping that isn’t the case but will find out in 8 days. Waiting on line for 1.5 hours isn’t ideal. We were lucky last year and were able to get one in the morning when people didnt show by 10:30. Always had shade. Enjoy!!!

Woodbridge, Virginia
Level Contributor
372 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

I reached out to Holiday Inn through the contact email on their website. This is the response

"

We still have the lottery system.

However there are some huts behind the towel hut that are for rent.

They are US$40 and you have to reserve it trough the ipad they have located by the towel hut."

No changes to perks for Platinum Elite members who reserve through IHG directly.

Trinity, Texas
3 posts
1 review
5. Re: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

Michael Finn Yes, you may rent for a palapa for the week even if you are not a Platinum Member. The price would be $20 USD per day. Best regards!

Illinois City...
Destination Expert
for Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
3,750 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

Their palapa policy sucks. We were sitting at one once....we were there for hours when a girl appeared with the security guard because she told him we stole her reserved palapa. That was the last time we stayed there.

Arlington, MA
Level Contributor
49 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

A note regarding paying for huts at Holiday Inn - we are platinum members who made the mistake of booking via third party a few years ago so we were not guaranteed a palapa for the time we were there. As soon as we pulled money out of our pocket, miraculously several hut choices became available to us to rent for the day. And what we paid was FAR LESS than the $40 per day that I'm seeing posted here.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
3,651 posts
129 reviews
8. Re: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

So you pay to stay at a resort...then you need to pay to use a palapa...

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
992 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)

We enjoyed staying at HI, the beach and location were great, however we are staying at the Hilton in February due to this exact thing, I have no interest in wasting over an hour of my day waiting in line just for a “chance” of getting a palapa

Reply to: Holiday Inn - Renting Palapas (Huts)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach