We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aruba Airport Smoking

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Aruba Airport Smoking

Just wondering if smoking is allowed anywhere at the airport both arriving and departing?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aruba Airport Smoking

I can't recall a smoking area upon arriving because we were too busy collecting luggage, going through immigration and then customs. Once outside you were able to smoke.

Upon leaving, after going through all the above, plus security, when you got into the departure area, there was a bar that allowed smoking but you had to purchase something there. (This was for US departures)

phila
Level Contributor
522 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Aruba Airport Smoking

When you arrive you have to wait til you get outside- and you cant go outside until you collect your luggage. (I tried last year)

When you are departing there is a small area that is enclosed that you can smoke in while smoking. You will be asked to purchase something that allows you to sit there and smoke.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,630 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Aruba Airport Smoking

There is no smoking area when arriving and waiting for your luggage. As posted, by the small bar by the departure area, there is a small glass enclosed room that you can smoke. It was either $5 or $8 you had to spend.

Boston
Level Contributor
448 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Aruba Airport Smoking

I quit smoking 10 months ago but the memories of sitting in the airport smoking, brings a smile to my face. A year ago we went there to smoke and were not asked to purchase anything. The thought makes me wanna smoke!! lol

5. Re: Aruba Airport Smoking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2010, 00:18