We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RIU Bike rentals and distance to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina

Which Palm - Eagle Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
RIU Bike rentals and distance to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina

Does anyone know whether the RIU has onsite bike rentals and if so the approximate price (is it per hour, per day?)? Also, how far is it to the beaches above? Could we ride bikes there? Finally, is there a cost to visit any of these beaches? Thanks in advance.

n.y.
Level Contributor
901 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RIU Bike rentals and distance to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina

Don't know about bike rental , try to contact the hotel about that but all beaches in Aruba are public beaches . Have fun

Cumming, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Palm - Eagle Beach
Level Contributor
4,895 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RIU Bike rentals and distance to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina

Laurel, you may want to consider the bus. There was a good post at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147249-i151-k3138…

Boca Catalina and Catalina Cove are our favorite snorkel spots. Here http://www.arubabound.com/dive/snorkeling.htm are location and entry info. Imo go earlier in the morning before the wind kicks up.

If you are not all that familiar with snorkeling you will find the entry very easy at Boca Catalina.

Cape Cod...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
Level Contributor
4,460 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RIU Bike rentals and distance to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina

No bike rentals at the RIU

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
4,297 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RIU Bike rentals and distance to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina

I would not suggest the bike, even if you could rent one. The road is a little narrow and it is in decent shape, but not smooth as a new road would be. You see very few bikes in the area and I would be concerned about mixing with the cars.

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RIU Bike rentals and distance to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina

All, thanks for the info!

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,426 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: RIU Bike rentals and distance to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina

I would bike it if biking is something you are used to. There are very few cars and little to obstruct you from drivers. The downside would be the heat and sun.

If it's just a bike ride and your in shape i say go for it. It's a beautiful trek. If your doing a day at those beaches then the no way. I would take the bus or car/cab.

7. Re: RIU Bike rentals and distance to Arashi/Malmok/Boca Catalina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 01:17