We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renaissance Aruba VS Riu Palace Aruba

Markham
Level Contributor
22 posts
Renaissance Aruba VS Riu Palace Aruba

Hello everyone,

My wife and I are having a tough time choosing between the two resorts mentioned in the subject.

I understand they are very different resorts, but would love some insight into the pros and cons.

Also, what beer(s) are served at each resort?

Thanks in advance,

Your friend KBO66

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
202 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Renaissance Aruba VS Riu Palace Aruba

Unfortunately, I can't answer any questions about the Renaissance, but just recently stayed at the RIU palace. RIU serves Balashi beer, which is the local beer. I have heard that they don't serve any other kinds, but I don't know this from personal experience.

We enjoyed the RIU. The food was amazing, and our room was really nice/clean/comfortable. I liked the location of the RIU because it's closer to the northern beaches known for snorkeling, although the local bus runs through oranjestad, which is where the Renaissance is, so you could still get to them from there easily. The RIU did seem a little crowded by the pool and on the beach. This didnt bother us much as we like to beach hop and snorkel, so didnt spend too much time on the RIU beach, and typically went to the pool at the end of the day. If you like to sit in a particular place and have to have a palapa, you would need to get up early to reserve your seat. Only other con I can think of with the RIU is the small/slow elevators.

I know this doesnt help too much since I can't compare the two, but thought I would give a little bit of information since there havent been other responses yet.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
472 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: Renaissance Aruba VS Riu Palace Aruba

One consideration re: the Renaissance is that there is no beach on site at the Renaissance - you take the free (to guests) water taxi out to the private island. The island was quite nice, but if you just want to walk out to the beach when you feel like it, that might be an issue to consider.

New York
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Renaissance Aruba VS Riu Palace Aruba

The big difference is that the RIU Palace is directly on the beach along with many other "Chain" hotels. The Ren is located in the center of town and you have to take a boat to their private island. Also, the RIU is all-inclusive - is the Ren all-inclusive?

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
7,418 posts
284 reviews
4. Re: Renaissance Aruba VS Riu Palace Aruba

The Renaissance is in town and they have the hotel and then the Timeshare part, across the road. The location of the Renaissance is fun, we still had a car. Plenty of parking. You can book in the Timeshare part which is a bigger then the hotel. We did stay 1 night in a renovated room 2 years ago. Room was nice but we like the Timeshare wth more room and the kitchen. The private island is nice and a short boat ride.

Depends where you want to stay and RIU is all inclusive which is not necessary in Aruba. Many restaurants with excellent menus.

Edited: 29 May 2011, 17:11
5. Re: Renaissance Aruba VS Riu Palace Aruba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Palm - Eagle Beach
Recent Conversations