We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coconuts for sale?

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Coconuts for sale?

Do any of the beaches in Barbados have vendors that sell coconuts with straws?

13 replies to this topic
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
5,415 posts
35 reviews
1. Re: Coconuts for sale?

not really on the beaches, that I've been on, but you will find coconut vendors , mostly on Saturdays in the Warrens Area on the Highway selling coconut water.. they will cut the coconuts and put the water in 2 liter jugs for you. there is someone not far from the beach near Accra, just a little inland, from Coconut Walk and Bubbas sports bar, that I've seen with coconuts as well.. again, Saturday mornings mostly.

where are you staying?? maybe the hotel or someone in that area can advise

GEM
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,952 posts
66 reviews
2. Re: Coconuts for sale?

There is the guy in the Gap by the huts

North Wales, United...
Level Contributor
553 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Coconuts for sale?

When we visited Bottom Bay there was a guy on the beach doing fresh coconuts, you could either just have the coconut milk or a potent cocktail served in the shell! Not sure if he's there all the time though.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,404 posts
89 reviews
4. Re: Coconuts for sale?

Also Speightstown market on a Saturday morning.

Essex
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
265 reviews
5. Re: Coconuts for sale?

On every visit to Bottom Bay the guy selling the coconuts has always been there. Both alcoholic and non alcoholic versions were very nice.

Donna

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
156 reviews
6. Re: Coconuts for sale?

Crane beach too but not sure how much rum is in them?

In the old days one of the guys used to climb the trees to recover a fresh coconut. Now I think he might be recycling the coconuts which puts me off!

Essex
Level Contributor
2,064 posts
265 reviews
7. Re: Coconuts for sale?

Yuck, that would put me off too Damasust. I like to see the top being cut from the coconut to be sure its fresh!

Donna

england
Level Contributor
116 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Coconuts for sale?

I'm going to be staying at Sea Breeze hotel. Where would be closest for me to get a coconut with a straw? :-)

TIA

Sudbury, Canada
Level Contributor
6,663 posts
14 reviews
9. Re: Coconuts for sale?

Thanks for the heads up Damasust.

Manchester
Level Contributor
133 posts
20 reviews
10. Re: Coconuts for sale?

2 years ago a guy in front of Southern Palms ran up a palm tree, cut the coconuts down and filled them with a delicious cocktail. I made my husband watch over him to see what he was putting in them,genuine spirits and totally delicious. About 10bds.

Reply to: Coconuts for sale?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted